seventeen

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

'  𝐓𝐔𝐄𝐒𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐎𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟕, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐  'Rūtz Dance Studio ━━━━𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐍𝐄𝐖𝐒Los Angeles, California 

' 𝐓𝐔𝐄𝐒𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐎𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟕, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐 '
Rūtz Dance Studio ━━━━
𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐍𝐄𝐖𝐒
Los Angeles, California  .ᐟ

❛ WHAT   A SHOW-OFF. ❜

"What a show-off!" Mya's chirpy voice yelled, her brown eyes gleaming as Imani free-styled along to a sleek hip-hop beat, the stereo vibrating against the sleek floors as the dancers crowded around her, their hands clapping along and their lips shouting at the show in front of them. Imani grinned teasingly, her body moving along with coordination, taking advantage of the small break that they were given before they were to jump back into rehearsal. Time seemed to pass by when you were busy as she found herself adapting to the California scenery at ease.

She was starting to love the fast-paced changes, the constant dancing, and the energetic vibe, it reminded her a lot of college hence why she wasn't so stressed. You're probably wondering what happened after they left the club. well, they managed to sneak back into the hotel just in time as Eve and Puffy arrived from wherever they were. to play it cool they pretended to have a little sleepover with face masks and soft robes that concealed what they wore underneath—well for most of them as Amanda was passed out from drinking way too many martinis.

So as Imani got lost in the world of dancing with the upbeat cheers of her peers the moment was interrupted moment was abruptly put to an end once two sharp claps broke through the beat of the music. She slowly stopped dancing, breathing out as she turned. Tina waltzed into the room after taking a small bathroom break with her brows raised, quickly walking to the stereo to turn it off. "Imani you were going in I see." She mused.

"Just taking advantage of the small break." Dion was the first to respond, the deep curve of his cheek deepening as he grinned. Imani rested a hand on her hips, watching as Tina playfully rolled her eyes before approaching the group of dancers expectantly "So did you guys do anything other than that while I was gone?" she questioned only to receive silence. Thankfully, Dion took notice of the brewing awkwardness and decided to speak up.

"Yeah, Imani and I finally got the part down-packed." The dancer spoke up with a smile, he gestured for her to answer but Imani found herself at a loss for words. Dion was doing everything but saying the truth. She hadn't got the steps down packed, they did go over it a little but hadn't done anything for that matter since the dancers had spent the past fifteen minutes goofing around with cameras on them.

So, as the young woman mustered up the courage to appear nonchalant and serious, in her mind she tried to come up with words to say to tell Tina, who stood there with her hands on her hips and her brow lowered. Whenever Tina got in her teacher's mood it was something serious "Well?" She asked, and Imani's felt her heart fall to her ass.

"Got it." Imani forced a smile, stepping forward as her mind worked quickly for something to do. motioning for Dion to get over to her side, they got into position "You ready?" She whispered, with a nod the melody soon played after in their head and it seemed as if they were possessed and their bodies moved on their own.

Although Tina was a normally chill and hilarious person, she can become very stern when it comes to the dance moves and a little bit of a perfectionist. Imani didn't blame her and understood as she too had that voice in her head that wanted everything to be perfect so it made sense. However, as they finished the part they needed to work on, she pushed those nerve-racking thoughts aside and focussed her attention on Tina's unreadable expression. Silence soon engulfed them as the older woman's face was void of any real emotion and expression as she thought deeply about what they'd just done "You've finally got it right." Tina finally spoke her lips breaking into a wide smile, "I'm impressed."

Both Imani and Dion let out the breath they'd been holding facing each other before hugging one another in relief. She thought they did well even though they hadn't spent nearly half the time they should've working on it. But with hope, they managed to get the job done.

Soon after the sound of heels clicking against the smooth wooden floors followed by the door opening revealed none other than Eve. She waved at everyone before stopping in the middle "I'm sure me popping up is a bit sudden but I have some good news."

Dion who kept on staring at Eve with dreamy eyes only received a nudge to make it less obvious from Mya who shook her head "Dude she'll notice you eyeing her like a piece of meat." She whispered before bringing her attention back to the woman. Dion who quietly kissed his teeth, looked back at Eve while mumbling "Damn." He was swooning a bit but knew that a woman like her would not give a brother like him the time of day, even if he tried.

"I just got off the phone with Sean, and great news the set that If is supposed to be filming on is finally finished which means that you guys will start filming tomorrow." She calmly states and it creates a shock wave of excitement throughout the studio. One thing about Eve is that she will never call Puffy by his nickname.

Eve's spent the whole day making sure that everything was smooth sailing with the set and once she got the call from Puffy letting her know that everything was green she was more than happy to share the news.

Imani and Mya looked at each other before cheering quietly. Eve smiled at everyone's happy expression feeling satisfied that everyone was receiving the news well "Glad to see that everyone's enjoying the news—make sure you guys get some rest because it's gonna be a busy day for the next couple of days."