Third Book Sneak Peek

The herbivore stands its ground, pulls dirt, leaves back with his right foot, and puffs warm air. It will not let a big carnivore stand in its way after being captured. The Triceratops stomps forward, swinging his head as a warning. Levi snarls, holding back angry and threatening roars to not bring attention to him. Finally, he goes down on his four and snaps his large jaws at the herbivore.

While Levi distracts the angry dinosaur, Archer sneaks from behind, analyzing their prey and planning his strike. When Levi swats at the Triceratops, it lunges, dipping its head down to lift and wound the carnivore. That is when Archer jumps, quickly climbs its back, bites down on its neck then twists his head for more damage.

The herbivore shrieks in surprise and pain, throwing his hind in the air and bucking the best his heavy body allowed, fatally turning its body away from the giant hybrid. Also taking advantage of its distraction and vulnerable position, Levi claws its side, making a long, deep wound. Again, the animal shrieks in pain, falling over.

Levi then gives one last fatal wound, a gash to its exposed throat. Finally, the Triceratops lets out one final cry before quickly succumbing to its mortal injuries.

Bella peeks from behind a large tree she found to hide once the growling and cries were over. The two hybrids are already gorging themselves into the fat herbivore, smearing their white and black snouts with warm blood.

"What a bloodbath," She shivers, not used to seeing her hybrids kill such a large prey. Yes, she was used to dead animals, blood, and gore, but seeing the two Indos working in unison to take down such a big prey is somewhat unsettling.

Levi tears one of the legs with brute force and gobbles it down whole. Archer eats the organs with much elation. Bella almost hears him purr as she gets closer. Levi bends down to eat another leg when he sees his human approaching cautiously. He lifts his head and sniffs in her direction, chirping, then nudging the carcass before him.

"No, thank you. I'm good," She waves him off. Her protein bars would be enough sustenance. Levi chuffs and resumes eating. Archer eyes her from his left eye, watching her watch them feast. He lifts his head and stares into the dark jungle for a couple of seconds. There is a chance another dinosaur might break into their camp, but when nothing catches his immediate attention, he goes back to eating.

Bella recovers from the ordeal and notices the proximity of the carcass and her makeshift tent.

Too close. It will start stinking in no time.

"Boys," Both stop eating flesh and bone to look at her but keep their snouts buried into the still-warm body. "Could you move it away?" She gestures both hands in a push motion in the opposite direction of her camp. She does it twice when the two carnivores remain still before they understand it.

Using his immense strength and body, Levi bites into the remainder of the tail and drags it away until Bella can no longer see them. Archer stays behind and watches as she uses her foot to shovel first over the blood-soaked ground.

"It will be alright. You'll hear me if I need anything," She walks close to him and pats his side in assurance. The Indoraptor softly chirps before following the trail of blood. Bella stares off in his direction, then walks back to her hut when she feels light droplets fall on her face. "Raining? God no," She swiftly makes her way to the hut, grabs any large leftover leaves, places them on top of the roof, and crawls inside. She sits down facing the entrance and hugging her knees to her chest.

-------

If you want more, stay tuned for when the third book comes out. The release has no definitive date, but if all goes well, it should be around June/July this year. (If you guys pester me enough I'll write it faster)

This is not the whole chapter, and it's also not the first.

If you want to read till half of chapter 6, please join my discord server. When you do, explicitly ask me if you want it, I can't guess things:

https://discord.gg/MFTFtBPT

If the link does not work, send me a PM or message on my message board.