34 🦕

I stand up from the couch and walk to the window that leads to behind the house. I come just in time to see Archer tucking himself close to Levi, who pulls him closer to his larger body. My heart skips more than one beat as it warms up at the scene.

"Dang it, I thought they were going to fight," Damon sighs disappointedly as he stands next to me. I slap his bare arm with force, getting a pained complaint and a glare in return.

"Say that again, and I'll make them fight, you," He visibly gulps and pales while I try my best not to grin like an evil person. "Come on. I want to sleep. You'll be my heater," I grab his hand and walk to my room. I take off my shorts and leave my shirt on. Then I get under the covers. Damon did the opposite – he took his shirt off and stayed with his shorts – then lay behind me, cuddling me just like we used to do. "Only wake me up if the world is ending," With that, I pass out from exhausting.

What felt hours later, or even a day from how much I dreamed, I wake up alone on the bed. Damon is either somewhere in the house or inside one of the Indo's stomachs; let's not hope for the latter. That would be a bother.

Sunrays come between the curtains on my window, and I know it is morning by their position and intensity. The cool breeze from outside fans my hot face, making me sigh in satisfaction. I sit up and climb out of my bed, waddling to my closet to put some comfortable clothes.

Walking down the stairs, I see Damon hiding behind the kitchen counter, his head peering over just enough for his to see what is going on. His gaze is directed at the window over the kitchen sink, where, in the close distance, I see Levi lying down on the tall grass with his head held high.

"What are you doing?" My sudden appearance spooks him enough to make him jump and fall on his butt from his crouched position.

"What the hell," He glares at me as he rubs his sore butt.

"Why are you behind the counter looking at Levi?" I raise my eyebrow as I give him a questioning look.

"Your pets scared the crap out of me and tried to kill me!" He exclaims.

I swear he is more of a child than an adult.

"How so?" I force my lips into a thin line, as if I were to laugh at him, he would beat me after – in a playful manner – which would most likely consist of tickles slaps on my back and butt.

"I forgot they existed and were even here and opened the kitchen window so air could flow. I was peacefully making my breakfast when a huge, black head came through the window and ate my bacon, then tried to bite me," He breathes out indignantly.

"Well, Archer can smell its prey over six kilometers away with ease, and here you are, making delicious bacon, and you don't expect any of them to try and get it. Be grateful is wasn't Levi, he would've eaten you along with the entire oven," His face pales, but he notices the grin etched on my lips and glares at me.

"You little-" Before he can finish, I run out of the house as fast as my still sore legs could take me. I run around the house to the kitchen window to see my brother make more bacon. I sneakily crouch under it, waiting the perfect moment to jump and scare him. "Fucking bitch," I hear him curse under his breath just by the window.

"I'm a what?!" I jump and shout. He screams like a girl and falls on his butt again.

"I hate you!" He shouts from the floor. I fall on my knees, laughing my ass off. Tears even fall from my eyes.

"That would be some good blackmail if I had filmed it," I say to myself as I wipe my cheeks. I look behind me and see Levi watching me with curious eyes and his head tilted. "Such a cute boy," I think I'm the only person that says that since I'm the only one that doesn't shit myself when I see him.

I walk over to him, having to stop to slap off any bugs that got stuck to my clothes and legs. 

I hate this tall grass and the annoying insects that come with it.

It isn't as high as the one from Stephen King's novel, they went up to my hips, so I have no worries of having it trap me in a time maze.

It takes me longer than what I initially expected, which was five minutes. By the time I get to Levi, his head sits over his arms as he stares at me through the grass. The sound of leaves crunching and stems breaking comes from behind his massive body as his tail swishes from one side to another.

"I'll take it as if someone is happy to see me," I chant as I move to one side of his head. He puffs out some air through his nostrils, and his tail moves quicker. I am about to say something when an audible squeak came from under his head. "You got something there, buddy?" His eyes twinkle with light as he starts purring.

He lifts his massive head and proceeds to move his hands apart from their crossed position, and right in the middle of a whole in the grass is a small white, fluffy ball. 

Is that what I think it is?

My questions are answered when the fluff ball moves and a pair of ears pop out, and a bunny places his front paws on a small mound of grass. 

The poor thing is one-third of Levi's claws!

"You have a new pet?" I ask in a high pitched voice, enchanted with the ball of fluff wiggling his pink nose as he sleepily looked around. I crouch and stretch my arms out to pick it up. Surprisingly but not really, the bunny doesn't protest as I pull it to my chest and pet it as I lower myself to the ground. "It's so fluffy," I mumble in a cuteness overload daze. "You can't eat it or kill it," I narrow my eyes at Levi, feeling protective of the tiny creature.

Levi lays his head on the side, so he has his left eye looking at me and the bundle of fluff in my arms. His big, orange eye moves from my face to the bunny, feeling with warmth and care only I could discern.

I know for a fact, he won't hurt the petite creature and that he has taken a liking to it. I wonder what Archer has done and what he is up to.

-------------

Awww, how would've thought Levi would care for a bunny that is a fraction of his size?

What do you guys think will happen? Any suggestions? Guesses?

Make sure to follow me!

Please don't forget to vote and comment on what you thought, and 'see' you in the next chapter.