3 🦕

After eating my second pot of ice cream with flakes of the day, my phone rang next to me on the couch. I quickly rushed to the kitchen to ask my sticky hands, then ran back and answered the phone.

"Hello?" I spoke to the caller as I didn't bother to see who it was.

"Ms. Evans, are you free at the moment?" I instantly recognized the voice to be Dr. Wu.

"Yes, I am. Did something happen? I'm not complaining, but you said I had free time," And I'm not being paid for extra time.

"I know, and I'm sorry. We just need your help, and I would be more than thankful if you came. But if you don't want, it's completely fine," I could hear the worry in his voice as he spoke.

"It's okay; I'll go. I have nothing better to do than eat ice cream until I die of diabetes," We both chuckle. "I'll be there in a few," I say as I stare into my empty ice cream pot with longing.

"Thank you. I'll be waiting for you," With that, he hung up. I started working with Dr. Wu at the Lockwood Estate a couple of weeks after he called me about Levi. They've been developing this new dinosaur, just like Levi, but they say it's worse.

It's been three years, and I've seen the dinosaur multiple times. As they say, it was only a prototype, so not the final design. Its skin would flinch without one touching it; its long claw would tap the ground, its head shook involuntarily. For me, it was cruelty.

That was why they needed Levi's DNA and Blue, to make it a functional dinosaur, as they said. I named it Archer, also a male like Levi. His skin was pitch black, specks of golden ran down his back along with his spikes, as well as a golden line slid along his back from the side of his jaw to the tip of his tail. It looked like two streams of golden within the darkness.

He was a gorgeous creature that suffered unknowingly and would probably get disposed of in the future. But I won't let that happened; he deserved more than to be called a prototype and monster, with its only use to be as a living military weapon. I can only hope that future dinosaurs such as him don't suffer.

Since I'm home alone, I only texted Damon that I would be going out before changing my clothes to something presentable. My sports bra and sweatpants are in a long way from being job clothes. 

The Lockwood estate was a huge mansion that belonged to Benjamin Lockwood, a former friend of John Hammond. It was so beautiful and out of place from the Californian style. Instead, it was a European-styled mansion.

He was a very respected and pleasurable elderly man to talk to. He has a young grandchild named Maisie, who is the cutest girl I met. Just like her grandfather and I, she loves dinosaurs and invites me every time she sees I'm free to walk around the museum-like hall they have with fossilized dinosaurs.

What I hate most in the world is lying, and I have to lie to someone who has been nothing by kind and caring towards me. Eli Mills is the man that made Dr. Wu's project possible, the man responsible for Lockwood's plan to save the dinosaurs. He thinks he will help him save the dinosaurs, but the reality isn't so far, but not completely true. He would, in a way, just not the one it was agreed upon.

The only reason I agreed to work with him is so I can save Levi and Archer. They don't deserve to be treated as a source of income and weapons; they deserve to be dinosaurs. They are living, breathing animals with lives of their own. I'll be damned if anything happened to them.

-----

Another short chapter.

Things are getting interesting, don't you think?

Make sure to follow me!

Please don't forget to vote and comment on what you thought, and 'see' you in the next chapter.