13 🦕

"So, what's he called again?" I ask Henry.

"What? Archer, as you named him?" He asks, confused. I called him when Archer hatched from his egg as he told me to do so he can check his vitals. We are looking over them to make sure that everything is in check.

"No. What you named him. Levi, obviously never having one like him exist before, was called the Indominus Rex. So what is Archer called?" I explain. He looks very similar yet completely different from Levi, aside from their coloration, anatomy, and size.

"The Indoraptor is what he's called," Henry says with a proud look on his face. He didn't let anyone name the Indominus Rex, especially since it is a shortened name.

"Indomitable thief," I whisper to myself, testing the name on my tongue. "In this case, thief of lives," I reach my hand forward and pet his head. He is now sound asleep as he put up a lot of tests so we were sure he was healthy and deem him stable.

"Since he is only a prototype, he will grow exponentially slower than the Indominus. So this will give you a chance of growing an even stronger bond than you did with Levi," Henry says as he looks at the blood sample he took to check if the number of white blood cells correspond the amount predicted.

I've made him work with me rather than give orders, or I would spill what he was doing to Benjamin. Most of it was me bluffing and taking advantage of his willingness to do what I ask after laying the threat.

"Where will he stay? From the stats you have on him he should grow three meters tall and seven in length," I coo when Archer holds my finger with his hands. His grasp is light and gentle, but with intention.

"We can't have him in the open; he will live inside, in a cage," I look up and glare hard at him. "We can get some toys and a bed for him."

"So you're telling me he will never see the sunlight or feels fresh air?" I am angry, very angry. "You saw what happened with Levi. All he knew what his enclosure, and even if it was sky open, you saw the damage he did when he escaped. I'll try my best to manage Archer, but don't think things will be pretty if he gets loose," I warn. These people still don't learn their lesson, even after dozens lost their lives because of such idiotic mistakes.

They should know better than to lock any animal inside a cage without contact with nature. I'll do my best to train and bond with him to give the life he deserves.

"He won't be caged his entire life. We will have tests done outside, but during the night in a heavily secure area. You won't have anything to worry about," He waves me off. I gently pull my finger from Archer's hand and stomp my way to Henry.

"When he's old enough for that, it won't be me that will need to worry," With that warning, I go back to Archer's side. His breaths are light. His fingers and skin twitch every so often, but he remains asleep.

I'll protect you, little one. And when time comes, you'll protect me. And even then I'll protect you.

-----

Fight! Fight! Fight!

Sorry for such a short chapter, I'll try to make it up in the next one.

Make sure to follow me!

Don't forget to vote and comment on what you thought, and 'see' you in the next chapter.