16 🦕

This is more frustrating than I had anticipated, but I don't know if I would change it nonetheless. Archer has become very difficult to work with, from biting and scratching everything to not standing still for one second. He's been a demon. It's very infuriating and really drains my patience.

All I was trying to do was monitor his anomalies, from his twitching skin to his tapping claw. But every time I got a hold of him, he would bite and scratch the hell out of me until he was free. It barely drew blood, but it still hurt like a bitch. I've gathered a good amount of temporary scars on my arms and legs.

"If I knew it was going to be this hard, I would've declined the job offer," I sigh as I sit on the stone floor with my back against the wall. Archer still has energy pent up, so he's running all over the place. He is cute, I won't deny that, but he is the devil in the flesh. He is an indomitable thief of patience, all right. "Could you please be still for one goddamn minute?!"

I snap as he rips his last pillow. It was hard enough to convince the people who work here to give him a bed, pillows, and some toys. Now he has destroyed every single one of them.

I am taken aback when Archer stops destroying whatever remains of his pillow and cautiously walks over to me down on his fours. I sit still until his nose touches my shoe as he sniffs me to make sure I'm not a threat.

"Good boy," I take the opportunity to observe his defects as he continues to sniff my shoe. As I do I feel saddened as the seconds go by at how many problems he had. Of course, they won't impede his growth or quality life, but they are still there, a permanent and visible reminder of the greed men. "If I had given them his tooth, you would've been better."

His orange eyes stare into mine as he sniffs the air in the direction of my head. He thens crawls up my lap and lays down with a loud puff of air in relief. He does all this while I sit frozen, watching him in awe.

He is the size of a Shiba, being slightly bigger to lay on my lap properly, but he still did with much comfort. His tail curls around my leg, going behind my butt; his arms and legs tuck under his body and his head between his body and my stomach.

My eyes move over his scaly body, taking all the beauty between his defects. His skin is as dark as midnight and reflects light that shines over it. His golden specks and line go along his neck and torso, giving him a more... precious and valuable look. Everyone loves gold.

My hands hover over his body and head, itching to touch him but afraid he might lash out and hurt me, either scratch my hands or my stomach. But what surprises me is when his head lifts from its position and pushes against the palm of my hand.

I take this as a sign of trust, and very slowly, and carefully, I pet his scaly nose. Small purrs and puffs or air are the only sound echoing inside his room.

Later on, as he grew larger, they would move him to a cage, and they would train him to be the weapon they want him to be. Yet, I will always cherish this memory to always remind myself that even the most dangerous of creatures have the kindest hearts.

--------

Aww, Archer is warming up to her. Cute, am I right?

Did you like the chapter?

Make sure to follow me!

Don't forget to vote and comment on what you thought and 'see' you in the next chapter.