36 🦕

It has been three months since the events on Isla Nublar with the erupting volcano and the events in the Lockwood mansion. After that, everything is back to normal, apart from me having to buy cow after cow, clean pile of poop after pile, and fix my house one day after the other, all because of two dinosaurs.

One month after I found Marshmallow, I found even smaller bunnies inside a hole in a pile of hay where the two Indos normally sleep. It came to me Marshmallow was actually a girl, which I was glad the name worked for her either way.

Levi is always overprotective over Marshmallow, taking plodding and soft steps with her so he wouldn't step on her – enjoying every minute of it – on his fours. He never let Archer come ten meters close to her. And now that she has five babies, two white like her, on black, and two white with black spots. There is no sign of the dad, which I suspect either fled or got eaten, but Levi is doing a somewhat good job as a replacement, as much as he can.

If Marshmallow is incredibly small compared to him, and the babies are the size of his scales. Since he can't really touch them with a chance, he will smoosh them or even smell them since he can blow them away. He always has his eyes on them all the time, checking to see if they need anything. If they are hungry, he will call for me in a loud but not so loud chirp, enough for me to hear inside my house.

Archer warmed up Levi's heart throughout the weeks, not enough to get close to Marshmallow, but enough to play, run, and hunt with each other when Marshmallow isn't around. However, there was this one time Levi went God knows where and I saw Archer crawling to where Marshmallow slept. I was about to go out the door and tell him to go away when I stopped to see Archer, with the utmost care, licking Marshmallow's white fluffy fur.

He would do that at least three times a week; lay next to Marshmallow's hole and take care of her, then leave just a couple of minutes before Levi came back. But, unfortunately for him, he couldn't keep his routine once Marshmallow got pregnant as Levi was next to her almost twenty-four seven.

When I'm with them, which is every day, I have to somewhat alternate my time with them. So even if one isn't around while I am with another, they will know if I spend less time with them. I don't know how, but they do. But when I'm with them at the same time, they get along just fine. Their possessiveness and territorial behavior are cute, to some extent. They only share a couple of growls here and there while I lay or play with one of them, and the other tries to steal me from them.

Right now, I was hiding three poor cows in the woods, two for Levi and one for Archer. I let one go to eat the leaves around it, then the second one not too far away, and the third one distant from the two, so Levi and Archer don't fight for them.

They already know which one gets more food because of their size. And even though I should be feeding them like this every day, I only do it three times a week because there are just so many cows I can buy and feed them. Poor cows.

But I'm well aware they hunt other animals during that time being from one cow to the next.

"I know, I know. You don't want to get eaten, but this is better than getting butchered," I groan as the cows moo in protest, perhaps already aware of their fate. "Though I would've loved fresh burger meat," I mumble to myself. "Now, be free," I take off the rope from one cow and let it eat the grass by her feet.

And before I can even take a step forward to lead the cows away, the poor cow I just let go got chomped on and carried high up into the trees. A waterfall of blood rains over me and the forest line.

"What the fuck?!" The other two cows take off as I crouch down and cover my head with my arms. However, they don't get too far as a black mass jumps on one, kills it, then jumps on the other, and kills it. "What. The. Actual. Fuck," I murmur to myself as I rock my body back and forth like a traumatized child in my fetus position.

Man up a bit, damnit! You have two dinosaurs that are most likely starving for all you know, and they just ate the food you were hiding so they could still hunt for it. What a bunch of ungrateful beasts. Couldn't they have waited ten more minutes? Great, now I'm covered in cow blood.

A warm puff of air hits my wet, bloodied back, which makes me halt my rocking body. I lift my head from between my arms, just enough for me to see my surroundings. Archer saunters over to me, chirping happily as blood drips down his chin, stopping about a meter from me. He goes down on his front legs and sniffs the air around me.

Once he is close enough, he licks the blood off my arms. As much as I want to protest, I let him do what he wants. Then, as he finishes my arms, my back is nudged, and I fall forward. But thankfully, I put my hands first before I fall face-first onto the blood-soaked floor.

Levi stands behind me, his head turned to the side as his crimson snout drips blood down to his crimson chin. I wouldn't be surprised if he ate the whole cow just now in one go.

Long story short, Archer had a fight with Levi over the leftover dead cows, which Levi obviously won. I ended up on top of a tree where Levi found me and almost brought the tree down, me with it. Then I was on Archer's back, running away from a possessive Levi until he was out of our sight. We are now at a pond, formed by a waterfall we have in the property, which flowed downhill like a river.

Archer splashes the water all over as he tries to catch fish in the shallow rocky part of the pond. All the while, I wash off the dried cow blood from my clothes and the rest of my body. I stand in the water up to below my chest with my underwear, washing my bloodied shirt. I drench it with water and squeeze it out of it over twenty times, and more reddish liquid keeps dripping out.

"Goddamnit," I throw the shirt on a rock by the side of the water out of frustration. I still have to wash my leggings that are just as soaked as my shirt, if not more. "Next time, I'll hold them while Damon makes twenty cows run away and let them hunt for a week. After that, I'm done with getting blood on me other than my hands."

To pass the time, I swim in the clear water, every once in a while, glancing over at Archer, who managed to catch two fishes already. How he is still hungry after eating a whole cow beats me.

"I need a week-long break," I lay on my back and float on the freshwater. "But I'm sure if I were to come back, my brother would've been turned into dinosaur food. So perhaps I should take him with me," I speak my thoughts out loud. Once of a blue sky with fluffy white clouds and bright sunlight, my vision was blurred over a wave of water splashing over my head. "Goddamnit, Archer!"

--------------

I think the story will end in the next chapter.

Make sure to follow me!

Please don't forget to vote and comment on what you thought, and 'see' you in the next chapter.