33 🦕

Anxiety and nervousness fill their minds as they wait for the small female human to show up. The last thing they saw her doing was falling onto the floor of the truck as if she just died. Then, the male human grabbed her and took her inside the weird structure.

Archer tried following them, but his size was too big to fit the entrance. He missed her dearly, even though she was right there. He wants to make sure she was alright before exploring this new environment he was introduced to. As much as he wants to go around, smell everything there was to smell, and kill anything that moves, his need to see the one who raised and took care of him is stronger.

Levi knows something is wrong with her. One of the animal DNA he has gave him the ability to see in infrared, and he saw how cold the female's body was. She had been over-exposed to the chill weather and most likely got a cold.

Different from the smaller, similar creature, he knows not to worry much. He's spent three years on an island with no human contact, with no contact with his human; he could wait a couple of hours more if needed.

He lays down on the humid grass, assessing the large green area around him with trees surrounding the grass area. Then, a smaller structure a couple of meters far from the main one catches his attention. It has a somewhat high ceiling with a few walls. Fresh hay laid on the floor and a small pile laid against one of the walls.

Levi stands up and walks over to the structure, giving no bother to look at his smaller, leaner version, who walks around the house incessantly. His large nose buries into the hay, smelling rodents all over, the kind of critter he saw too many times on the island but never wasted energy to go after. He manages to crawl under the ceiling by crouching very lowly. His belly almost touches the hay-covered floor. All before plopping down on his side with a satisfied groan.

He curls and uncurls on his back as the soft, warm hay scratches his cold scales. Soon enough, he drifts off to a sound sleep.

Finally giving up his attempts to getting inside the house, Archer notices the larger dinosaur is not in the last place he had seen him. His smell went from the still-warm spot to around and behind the house. He follows Levi's scent and finds the larger creature sleeping peacefully on top of the fresh hay floor. Levi is completely vulnerable to any attack as exhaustion is little by little, making him fall into an even deeper sleep.

Even with his bigger frame, Archer could do serious damage, especially with Levi's vulnerable position, laying down on his side with his weak, soft on display: his neck and belly. Archer could kill him and have their human all to himself. But he did something completely different, for both humans watching inside the house surprise.

Archer crouches on his front legs – down on his fours – slowly walks closer to Levi, then, very gently, lifts the long white arm with his head and makes himself comfortable as the small spoon. Levi feels movement in his frontal area but makes no effort to wake up. Instead, he simply pulls the body under his arm closer to him, both benefiting from each other's heat.

"Dang it, I thought they were going to fight," A male voice says from the house window, followed by a loud slap, a cry of pain, and lots of bickering.

------------

Look at the picture I found. I love it!

Awww, Archer seems to like Levi, am I right? What did you guys think originally, were they going to fight or be nice?

I think the story will end very soon guys, be prepared.

Make sure to follow me!

Please don't forget to vote and comment on what you thought, and 'see' you in the next chapter.