22 🦕

"Welcome, ladies, gentlemen, to this extraordinary evening," The auctioneer, Gunnar Eversol, speaks into the microphone at the podium. "Let's dive right in, with lot number one," The big metal door behind him and in front of the serious audience opens. "The Ankylosaurus," Gunnar announces.

The poor creature came in a cage that barely fit its enormous size. The audience gasps at the magnificent animal, as I believe most of them have never seen a dinosaur before. Some might have gone to the park due to all their money and underground influence.

"The is a herbivorous quadruped; late Cretaceous. This is one of the largest armored dinosaurs," The creature bangs its side on the cage in an attempt to escape or ease the loud noise. "Know by paleontologists as a living tank."

"I must say," I look behind me at Eli, who speaks softly. "You look lovely tonight," He looks up and down my outfit which consists of a black shirt with black sequin, black loose pants, and a nice pair of short heels. Also black. I like the color, and it hides me best in the dark.

"Thank you. You look handsome yourself," With a fake smile, I compliment him as not to be rude. It's nothing personal. Business only. Then I turn back to watch the auction unfold. I stand next to Eli while he stares at a screen that all the money transfers will show up. This is next to Gunnar, who speaks some more into the microphone.

"I have seven million dollars, do I hear eight?" (The prices were too low in the movie, so I made them higher) A man on the side of the audience, on the other side of the track, the cage raises his sign. "Eight million dollars, do I hear nine? Nine million dollars, thank you. Any increase- Ten million dollars. Eleven million dollars," The rich men are frantic to get their hands on the Ankylo. Their greed oversees the value of what they desire. "Sold to the gentlemen from Indonesia, congratulations."

Eli smiles at the six zero number on his screen like a kid who just got his favorite candy. He can buy tons of candy with all that money, though.

"Lot number two, ladies and gentlemen, juvenile Allosaurus," The small predator – who will almost double in size when fully grown – growls and snarls at the audience, and anyone who is too close to the cage, even makes the auctioneer flinch. "Fierce and an aggressive predator."

I would know about aggressiveness pretty well.

"Sold," Gunnar hits the hammer once more.

And then again, again, and again, all the while Eli's screen showed over three hundred million dollars. "Wonderful, wonderful biding."

It's almost time for the action.

"And now, ladies and gentlemen, that we are halfway through the evening. We'd like to offer a special treat to our discriminating buyers. This evening we will preview a new asset that we've been developing," I straighten and compose my posture, anxiously tap my foot and bite my lip. "A creature of the future made from pieces of the past."

The tension in the room grows as Gunnar teases the audience with suspense. No wonder he's directing this.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please be warned this is the perfect blend of the two most dangerous creatures that have ever walked the earth. We call it... the Indo Raptor."

---------

Tan tan taaaaan! Suspense guys!

Yada yada, I got all the talking (except for one or two) from the movie, as you could tell.

Guess the auction is happening, and Archer has just been announced? Is anyone excited?

Make sure to follow me!

How about I be mean again? For the next chapter to be posted, this one needs at least 20 votes. Can you guys do that?

Please don't forget to vote and comment on what you thought, and 'see' you in the next chapter.