4 🦕

"Good to see you, Bella," Eli greets me at the door with a kind smile.

"Good to see you too, Mr. Mills," I smile back.

"Please, call me Eli," He insists.

"I know, I'm just playing with you," I push him by his arm as we walk inside the beautiful house. "Did anything serious happen? I'm not bothered I was called to come. Dr. Wu said everything would be okay," I question, still slightly worried.

"We had some behavioral issues that led to a worker barely lose his arm, and we almost had to sedate the dinosaur," He confesses with a sigh.

"Oh, that's horrible. What happened? Do you know?" I fake some of the worries in my voice as I hold back a small chuckle from a memory of mine. It was when they were reforming Levi's paddock that he almost ate the arm of a worker. Still, to almost lose an arm on the job and not being able to say the culprit was a dinosaur that never existed must suck.

"I guess the guy stepped too close when feeding it," He shrugs. I could see he seemed a bit relaxed when there was no sign of Mr. Lockwood, his granddaughter, or the lady that takes care of them called Iris. They must be in some other part of the house or sleeping. At least the two formers.

We got into the secret elevator and stood in a comfortable silence as it descended.

"What do you want me to do?" I asked once the doors open.

"I want you to take a look at it. See if it sustained any injury and if it's healthy. You are the only one that can get close enough for that without risking your life," He reminds me, somewhat annoyed I'm his only option.

It was true; I was the only one Archer allowed to get close enough to observe without the use of loads of sedatives. His metabolism is absurdly high. Around his cage is a red line as the limit of how close you can approach. The space between the bars is small enough so he can't get his head through but large enough that his clawed hand can. A minor problem with deadly consequences to those who get too curious.

"Of course, I'll make sure of that," I nod my head in understanding. "Also," I stop walking. "Have you talked to Claire about the dinosaurs?" He told me about the plan of getting the dinosaurs off Isla Nublar and retrieving Blue with the help of Claire, and probably Owen.

"I was going to have her called in a couple of hours. Enough time for you to get done on what you need and leave before she sees you. Or you can stay here a little longer; it doesn't really matter," With that, he walks away to do some business.

Several people were working on the underground lab, either taking care of the dinosaurs' DNA from the park that was moved here, how the dinosaurs will be placed on their cages, and how they will make a better Archer.

The way to him was short but long at the same time as there were multiple security procedures I had to go through every time I had to see him. From passing my card over security locks and having myself being pat down over two times was my usual trip. There could be nothing that could contaminate him to pass through.

I tried talking to Eli to increase the size of Archer's cage, but he didn't think he was going to grow much. Even though he was nowhere near compared to Levi's size, he was still a big dinosaur.

He stood three meters tall from head to toe, and was a bit over seven meters in length, weighing just about a ton. Even with these measures, he was very skinny yet packed with powerful muscles. His head was covered with spike-like quills that thickened as they went along his back, just like a raptor.

His arms were proportionally longer than Levi's, enabling him to walk on all fours if he wanted without much problems or difficulties. The scariest characteristics he possessed were his long, curved claws on his hands and feet that caused so much damage they had to fix his cage over five times, and his teeth.

His teeth were much like the Indominus; sharps and dangerous to the touch and not organized as ours, and always stained with blood. I was able to convince Eli to give him the freshet meat they were able to provide. Once in a while, the meat was still alive.

Growling and scratching noises could be heard from his cage all the time, but as soon as my foot touched the metal stair, they ceased. Built as the perfect killing machine in the military, Archer had a perfect sense of hearing, smelling, and sight. Exponentially better than us, humans.

He was the animal at the top of the food chain in this country, not us humans. And he was sure to show it, given the opportunity to mangle an employee's limb or eat his meal.

-------

I made this chapter a bit longer, I hope you liked it.

So his name is Archer, do you like it?

Make sure to follow me!

Please don't forget to vote and comment on what you thought, and 'see' you in the next chapter.