15 🦕

The Levi I knew to be obedient was long gone. Now in front of me lays a childish, very stubborn version of him. As I said, he lays on the grassy ground and starts rolling around from all the excitement he must be feeling, all the while his eyes never leave me.

I try calling him multiple times, but all I get is him to ignore me and not even to try to seem natural about it. Every minute my eyes divert to the burning mountain as I count the little time we have left, which is enough for us to escape with minimal time to spare.

"Levi, please, you need to come with me. I'm not leaving you here ever again," I plead once again. This time, he stops what he is doing and sits on his hind legs, staring at me intently. "We need to leave, I have to get you somewhere safe, but you need to listen and trust me."

I place my forehead on his snout and try my best to hug him. The sound of grass ruffling and being ripped from the ground is followed by one of his huge hands hugging my back. Unfortunately, our quiet, intimate moment only lasts for five seconds as a large explosion comes from the volcano, blowing rocks from the top and sending them to the skies.

Levi instantly shots up and growls loudly in its direction, placing himself between me and the exploding mountain.

"Come on. We need to go," I raise my hands and wave for him to come closer. He understands what I want with ease and leans down. I step on his arm and climb on his back with the help of his thick quills, riding the Indominus Rex once again, like old times. "Go that way!" I shout over the explosion, pointing in the direction our boat is waiting.

Levi roars loudly, making his presence on the island once again, before running off in that direction. I have to duck and move from side to side multiple times to evade incoming tree branches. The explosions are getting louder and louder, one after the other, and my fear for both of us and my friends' lives is growing.

It takes us two minutes to reach the shore, and over a hundred meters from us is the boat and several terrified men. Our break through the forest line surely caught their attention. A massive white dinosaur is hard to miss and even harder to come by. Before Levi can notice the several humans, I have him calm down for a moment before speaking.

"Levi, I need you to let me down when I tell you to and do not eat a single person," He crans his neck to look at me as I speak, nodding after a couple of seconds. "Good boy," I pat his neck with force. It's barely a tickle for him. "Now go forward, no running," He does what he is told and walks in the direction of the boat.

I take this opportunity to send a message to the group following behind me that I have Levi with me, and we are reaching the boat. They quickly respond and say they are going there too to escape.

"Stop," Levi stops and turns his head to look at me. I can't just go there on top of him while several men are around. Such easy prey to feast upon. It is harder to control him from his back than from the floor. "Let me get down," He leans down low enough for me to hop off of his back. I walk up to the side of his head and stare straight into his eye. "Only look at me, okay. Only me, only mommy."

Some cute gurgling noises come from his throat as he nudges me with his nose. I nod and walk in front of him. Almost a minute later, we are on the dock. Every couple of seconds, I look back to find Levi staring straight at me and say 'good boy' as a verbal reward.

"Oh my god. I've never seen a dinosaur like that."

"He's so massive, holy shit!"

"T-That's the Indominus? It's a monster."

"That girl is controlling it. How is she doing that?!"

"Why hasn't it attacked?"

The men whisper to each other in fear and awe as I lead Levi inside the boat. Now and then, I hear him growl, his chest rumbles, but when I look back, he stops. I stop walking when I reach the end of the compartment area of the boat, ensuring Levi has made all the way in.

"Someone trap that beast down!" A man shouts, and immediately, Levi growls in anger.

"Hey! Look at me!" I shout at him, and Levi continues to growl as he steps closer to me. "No one is strapping anyone down!" I shout at the man with fury. "You either do as I say, or I'll make him eat every single one of you!" Everyone takes a step back at my threat. "He is mine, and he will stay free until I say so. Do you understand me?" The man nods and goes back to where he came from, wherever that is.

Levi looks around the inside of the boat, letting small growls slip his throat as he stares over at the men.

"They are not food. Lay down for me," I sit on the floor of the boat so Levi can follow suit. After he makes sure no one was a treat by soundlessly snarling at anyone too close for his liking, he lays down with his head, touching my shoes. "I'll take you home. You'll live with me, okay," I scoot closer and lay my head against his snout. "Sleep now."

Soon enough, his eyes close, and a small snore leaves his nostrils. Once I make sure he is actually sleeping, I stand up and walk around him, searching for any injuries that might be concerning. A scratch here and there is nothing to worry about.

Can't have my baby hurt, now can I?

--------

They made it to the boat. Sorry if the chapter is a bit lame. It is very late at the time I wrote this, so forgive me.

No one messes with Bella and Levi, am I right?

Make sure to follow me!

Don't forget to vote and comment on what you thought, and 'see' you in the next chapter.