18 🦕

"You can't do that! Let him go!" I shouted while I struggled against two men holding me back. There are four people inside this large caged area where they will train Archer. Two are holding him with chains around his neck and mouth while another holds a gun with a laser attached, and the other holds a controller that will shock Archer to punish or control him. Pure and unnecessary torture.

"Please, try to be quiet, would you? If you keep distracting it and us, and it will only make this painfully slow to finish," The 'leader' of the man said boringly to me, giving no thought to the painful shrieks coming from Archer.

"There are other ways to train him without inflicting pain," I hiss.

"But this ensures us it will obey us of fear of feeling pain. If you keep distracting, I'll ask or make you leave. Or you can watch in silence while we do the work we were paid for," The man says in a tone not open for further discussion.

Of course, my initial thought is to leave since I won't be able to watch Archer get hurt every time he doesn't do what they want. But I won't. I can't do this to him. It is like leaving a crying child, completely helpless, to fend for itself. It is cruelty.

I made a promise to stay with Archer. That I will protect him no matter what happens. I have to keep this promise, at least for him, since I couldn't keep it with Levi.

"I'll stay," I shrug off the men holding me with distaste. "But if I see you're a little too far with your training, I'll make sure your superiors know you are damaging their million-dollar animal with cruel training techniques," I state in a firm voice while staring straight into the man's eyes, daring him to argue with me.

"That won't be necessary," He scoffs, then proceeds to ignore me. Glaring at the men once holding me, I step to the far corner of the caged area and stare at Archer train in silence.

Every now and then he would cry in pain from the electric shock he received when he didn't respond correctly to a command. Their command? When a laser is pointed to a target, Archer's attention will be only on it, and only it. Then, a blaring sound will trigger the attack. And no matter what or who the target is, the Indoraptor will take no knowledge of it, as all that is going through his mind... is to kill it.

It's now been almost nine months since Archer's training begun. And after those excruciating nine months, he has become the perfect killing machine. They went from the bullseye to dummies to actual animals, and one human as the final practicing target.

That was the only day I had been absent. The single day I felt too ill to work, very much ill. I must have eaten some spoiled or badly cooked food the day prior. And they chose that day to have Archer kill someone. They said they used a person with two life sentences for murder after raping a young girl.

I didn't care if the guy had killed all the puppies, kittens, and babies in the world; no one deserves to die as a mad scientist's experiment, even more so a painful and fearful death by a dinosaur that was specially made for that.

They trained Archer five times a week, and during those days, and even the other two, I wouldn't leave his side. It would break my heart at every painful shriek, every look of helplessness he gave me, and all the times the sweet, with me at least, Archer disappeared and turned to the Indo Raptor.

Thankfully, I still had my private time with him. I could still see his sane animal self live and well. I could still see how such a dangerous and terrifying animal turned into a curious and playful one whenever I came to see him.

But these were becoming rare moments as week by week they were letting me see him less and less. They said it was so his training didn't deteriorate from his soft and kind nature with me. I had many thoughts on that. Thoughts of how they might come after me if I didn't keep my mouth shut at some point, and send Archer to end me.

Even if that was extremely far-fetched, I have a plan for that. A plan they have no idea about. The perfect plan.

After Archer's training with those horrid men was over for the day, I did training of my own.

It was the same thing; gun in hand, laser pointed at something, and the sound blaring for an attack.

But mine was different. The target was different. And so was his attack.

The laser would be pointed at me by using a mirror I stole from the  Once the alarm blared, Archer would attack. But he would never hurt me.

He does the same thing for all the other targets once the sound is activated. He roars, growls, and claws in its direction. But once he reaches me, he snapped out of it before any damage is done. 

I am the only exception for the attack.

-------

It's been quite a while since I last updated. Sorry for the long wait. I was just very busy these last weeks.

What do you guys think? Is Isabella smart?

Make sure to follow me!

Please don't forget to vote and comment on what you thought, and see you in the next chapter.