The Rehearsal

Mar. 14, 1994

Jalisa's P.O.V.

I walked up to the main entrance with some confidence after Tabitha dropped me off at Paisley Park. I never thought I'd be starting practice with The Artist and The N.P.G. this week. The last thing I want to do on my first day is make a fool of myself. As I walked through the glass doors, I'm greeted by a woman, who I probably think works here.

"Hi, you must be Jalisa. I'm Destiny." She greeted herself. "I've been told to show you where rehearsal is once you arrive."

As we wandered through the complex, I was struck by how beautiful it was. We came to a halt at a door and walked in to find The Artist and his band warming up. When Destiny and I got to the stage, the Artist began to notice me. To gain everyone's attention, he spoke into the microphone, introducing me as the band's newest member. He then called two female dancers named Stephanie and Shea to the front of the stage to give me a quick rundown of what we're working on. We went right into rehearsal for two hours and then took a 15-minute break. As I was taking a breather, I noticed The Artist staring at me in an odd way. He's been doing that ever since I got here. I didn't know why and decided not to make a big deal about it. After we rehearsed for several more hours, it was time to head on home.

"How'd it go, girl?" Tabitha asked after I'd climbed into the car.

"It really went well. I met the band, and they are not to be trifled with." I filled her in on my day.

"Because The Artist takes his music seriously." T agreed as we pulled out of the parking lot. "What was The Artist like?"

"He's...alright."

Before going to her house, we stopped at a nearby fast food restaurant for takeout. I called my boyfriend to tell him about the auditions and rehearsal before I went to bed.

"When's your first concert gonna be?"

"We'll be performing at The Glam Slam next month. The first concert is on the 17th."

"Ok, cool."

"I'll also be on the road a lot because of all the rehearsals and whatnot."

"I'll make the concerts in Minnesota."

"That's great; I'll talk to you later, babe. I love you."

"I love you, too."

Author's P.O.V.

Meanwhile at Paisley Park, The Artist was gazing obsessively at Jalisa's photograph for the auditions.

"Jalisa, baby, you're driving me insane." The Artist spoke to the picture."Oh, you just don't know what you're doing to me." He moaned.

He couldn't get this woman out of his mind since he saw her at the auditions. He was fascinated by her smile, physique, and motion. He'd do anything to be her fantasy because she's already his.

"You'll be mine soon, mama .I'll be counting down the days." He declared before planting a delicate kiss on the photograph.