The Unmasked Obsession

Jul. 20, 1994

Author's P.O.V.

Jalisa has decided to leave Minnesota, plagued by the events of two nights ago. She spends the entire day in the apartment after she finishes packing since she's leaving sometime tomorrow. She regrets knowing The Artist and being a member of his band in addition to her regrets for what she did with him.

"Hey, girl. I'm back." Tabitha announced herself before entering Jalisa's room.

When her friend noticed the packed suit cases, T asked, "What with the suit cases?"

"I...I needed sometime to get away from all of this." Jalisa replied sadly.

"How long you'll be gone?"

"I don't know."

"One of the girls came by The Glam Slam asking for you since you haven't been to rehearsal."

"I don't think I want talk to any of them right now, him especially after that night."

Not only did I tell Tabitha about what they did to Talia for going to the press, but I also mentioned what Talia said about The Artist killing a woman named Hazel and her baby, which prompted him to shoot at his ex.

"I'd never thought he'd be that..."

"That what?"

"I don't know? Violent? Hostile? Quick-tempered?" Jalisa rambled on. "If you were there T, you'd see that look he had when they beat the crap out of her and when I thought he was gonna kill her when he didn't."

Abruptly, the women hear the phone ring. Jalisa urges her friend not to answer the phone, assuming it was The Artist. Tabitha tried to convince Jalisa to hear him out, but Jalisa rejected and left it at that.

Later on into the evening, Jalisa was having a glass of wine,watching television to calm her nerves.

"Hey, I'm heading out to get us some food. Do you want to come along, or do you want to stay until I get back?" Tabitha inquired.

"I'm good staying here."

"Alright, I'll be back in a few." Tabitha spoke as she heads out the door.

Jalisa decided to shower and get ready for bed as soon as her friend left. She was drying her hair when she heard the apartment door open and close. She went into the kitchen once she was dressed, only to find nothing on the counter and Tabitha not there. Before she knew it, Jalisa found herself abruptly grabbed from behind.

The young woman started fighting to get away from the attacker as the struggle moved into the living room

The young woman started fighting to get away from the attacker as the struggle moved into the living room. Reaching for the glass wine bottle, Jalisa succeeds in smashing it over the attacker's head. She tried to flee the apartment, but the attacker grabbed her again before she could reach the door. As Jalisa is being dragged back into the living room, the assailant inserts a sedative-filled needle into her neck, knocking her out cold.

*********

Jalisa's P.O.V.
I woke up in a state of panic when I found myself being tied to the bed by my wrists and ankles. I began tugging on the restraints in hopes of escaping. I t was a mistake knowing these insane people. And knowing him was a grave mistake. I should've never let him get near nor touch me.

"There's no point in trying to break them, baby," a familiar voice said, causing me to stop moving in terror. "They're not coming off."

I peered around the dark room for him, but I couldn't see him because of the dim lighting.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I asked, trying not to sound terrified.

"You left me no other choice."

"What do you mea-"

"You were going to leave me!" He sprang out of nowhere, frightening me. "And I wasn't going to let that happen." He said clutching my face.

"Please let me go." I pleaded, whimpering.

"I thought we had something after we made love that night."

"That night was a mistake. We had nothing."

"WE DID TOO HAD SOMETHING! He yelled. "Don't act like you weren't screaming for more while I was deep inside you. I satisfied  you more than that weak a** little boy you call a boyfriend."

"He's more of a man than your psychotic a**!" I spat back.

He smiled evilly before saying, "You haven't seen psychotic yet, baby. In fact, you haven't seen a side of me that doesn't even qualify as psychotic."

To Be Continued...