The Nonnegotiable

Nov. 14,1994

Jalisa's P.O.V.

The Artist has decided to take me out for dinner tonight. Even though I never wanted to go out with him, I had no choice but to do so. Destiny did my hair while her sister did my makeup to make me look presentable.

Jalisa's Hair & Outfit

Wilt escorted me to the car where The Artist was waiting

Wilt escorted me to the car where The Artist was waiting. He's been stealing glances at me on the way to wherever we're going; I've been keeping my gaze on the road, paying him no mind. We drove for several minutes until we finally pulled into an elegant eatery. I haven't spoken a single word after we settled at a table.

"You look stunning tonight." He commented.

Continuing to ignore him, I glanced at the menu. A waiter came by opening a bottle of wine before taking our order before they left.

"For the past few months things been shaky between us. I know your still somewhat  upset-"

"Upset isn't a strong enough word to describe my feelings being with you." I stopped him mid-sentence. "It also doesn't describe how I am now being held against my will."

"Ok, then what would be the best word?"

"How about 'Angry' or 'Annoyed'?"

" How have I made you feel angry and annoyed?"

"Your making my life h***!" I exclaimed angrily. "I should've left the band the minute one of your ex-girlfriends revealed how deranged you are for using women for your sick pleasure!"

"I'm aware that not being fully forthcoming about my past troubles you, but I'm not the kind of guy you think I am," He claimed calmly. "I have no intention of hurting you or ruining your life. I want to make your life better than it was before you met me. And that's exactly what will happen when we tie the knot."

"I'm sorry, what?" I inquired about the last part he stated.

"I've been having this on mind for sometime after we made love the second time

"I've been having this on mind for sometime after we made love the second time. I want us to be official."

"Your crazy." I shook my head in disbelief.

"Crazy in love with you." He spoke proudly.

After that farcical dinner date, we drove back to Paisley. The Artist continues to talk endlessly about getting married after the tour sometime in the next year. I'd just sit there and stare at him as if he were insane, which he is. When he noticed, he asked what was wrong, and I just chuckled and shook my head.

"Your so f***ing psychotic if you think I'm just gone up and marry you after what the h*** your doing to me."

"I want us to be together forever and asking you to my wife is the way to prove it."

"I'll never marry you!"

"Oh, yes you are."

Like h*** I will

Like h*** I will.

I seized the opportunity to get out the car and ran as if my life relied on it. What I didn't expect was The Artist to catch up to me. He grabbed me and flung me over his shoulder before walking into the complex.

"Put me down, you crazy son of b****!" I shouted, striking and kicking him.

Once he entered the bedroom, The Artist threw me on the bed.

"Your gonna be my wife whether you like it or not." He spoke forcefully and with a brutal glance.

Just as he was about to walk out the door, I screamed "I'd rather die than marry you!"

He halted for a moment before walking away without saying anything.