The Birthday Surprise

May 15, 1994

Jalisa's P.O.V.

My emotion right now isn't only agitated and upset. Due of my selfish, self-centered boyfriend, I'm currently lying in bed, not wanting to get up or be disturbed. Kel had promised to fly in to celebrate my birthday with me, but instead he blew me off. He had me waiting at the airport in St. Paul until 12 to 3 a.m. for him to get off the plane, but he never showed. After I got back to T and I's apartment, I even tried to call him, but the j****** didn't even answer or leave a voicemail.

"Jay, are you really planning to spend the rest of your birthday like this?" Tabs came into my room.

"That's the plan." I said, throwing the covers over my face.

"Just because Kelvin blew you off and forgot doesn't mean you have to be all down in the dumps."

"I just couldn't believe he'd just forget. We'd never forget each others birthday."

"You can still celebrate without him. I'll tell you what, we can go out clubbing or whatever you want to do."

After Tabitha finally got me out of bed, we spent the day relaxing at the spa, got our hair and nails done, and headed back to the apartment to get ready for our night out tonight.

*********

Jalisa's Hair & Outfit

"Explain to me again why I'm blind folded on?" I asked my friend

"You'll see once we get there."

"You better not be taking me to a strip club."

"Girl, relax that's not where we going."

"Then where are we going?"

"Like I said, you'll know once we get there."

Once the car stopped, Tabitha guided me and led the way to where we are.  Just as we came to a stop she counted to three before removing the blindfold, only to find us in The Glam Slam as The Artist and The N.P.G. shouted, "Surprise!" All I'd do is cover my mouth, covering my contagious smile and laughing. It turned out that Tabitha had called The Artist and asked for him and his band set up a party for me. After dancing nonstop for an hour at the party, T and I sat down near the bar for a drink.