The Morning After

May 15, 1994

2:45 a.m.

The Artist's P.O.V.

I caressed her delicate bare back as I watch her slumber next to me. My fantasy finally came to be when made insatiable love. Jalisa's finally mine and will forever be. And I'll do anything to keep her.

I left my sleeping beauty in the bedroom while I go downstairs for a drink. I was about reach for water in the fridge only cease my movements.

"What the h*** are you doin' here?" I asked as I shut the refrigerator after detecting a presence behind me.

"Watching you making a fool of yourself and wasting your time for some b**** that you never have a chance with."

"The only fool is the one who has the audacity to come into my house after I tried to pump her and the son a of b**** full of lead after catching them f***ing in my bed." I remarked ruthlessly, turning to face my ex.

"She's not gonna be with you." Talia shook her head. "She's not going to up and leave her boyfriend for you, which you've probably forgotten."

"Jalisa forgot about that chump when she gave herself to me."

"That still doesn't mean anything. She still won't break up with him."

"She will and I'll make sure that she does."

"Not if she get word about you and Hazel-"

"I'll make your life a living h*** if you even so much as tell her a damn thing." I threatened her. "And I can assure you that your husband's next unfortunate accident will be even worse than the last. Now get the f*** out."

My boys emerged and took Talia out of the compound till she was out of my sight. I returned to my private quarters, where my beloved was still fast asleep.

*********

Jalisa's P.O.V.

My mind is jumbled with different feelings as the events of last night replay in my head. I was certain that it was all a dream, but it became a reality when I woke up this morning to find him between my...

"Jalisa!"Destiny called my name.

"Huh?"

"I asked if you'd found anything you'd like to wear to Miami?"

"No, not yet." I replied while looking through the rack of bathing suits.

Destiny, Shea, Stephanie, and I are out shopping at the mall because the band is going on tour for a few months. Florida will be the first destination, then California, and finally New York. I'm honestly not looking forward to this due to what happened between me and The Artist.

On the trip back to Paisley, I asked to be dropped off at my apartment. When one of the girls asked why, I pretended to be sick. I did that because I needed some me time to decompress. Since T is at work, I change into something active and go for a run. After a well need two hours at the park I returned to the apartment.

When I entered my bedroom, I was startled to see The Artist laying in my bed.

"You don't look sick to me." He remarked while giving me a death stare.

"H-how did you...W-what are you doing here?" I stumbled out of bewilderment.

"Well, I've been told that you weren't feeling well when I didn't see you come back to Paisley." He said this as he got out of bed, completely bare.

When he started to move towards me, I began backing away, only to be backed into a wall with his lips crashing into mine. His touch on my body triggers my urges all over again as I begin to moan.

"You have no I idea what you doing to me, baby. Ooh, you just don't know it."