The Low Blow

Dec. 12, 1994

Jalisa's P.O.V.

 A well-deserved shower can relieve the aches of wearing heels all night and the freezing New York weather

A well-deserved shower can relieve the aches of wearing heels all night and the freezing New York weather.Due to my near-kill of that lunatic, he now keeps me on a tighter leash. I refused to go, but The Artist's security forced me into his private jet before we even arrived in New York. Not only that, but I was bound to a seat, so I won't be able to get out. The Artist tried to start up a conversation with me as if what happened last month hadn't happened, and I ignored him for the majority of the two-hour flight. And I've been ignoring him while attending a benefit at The Roseland Ballroom.

I was taken aback when he wrapped his arms around me from behind. Not to mention the fact that he was bare. I pushed him away before getting out of the shower and quickly throwing on my bathrobe to cover myself.

"There's no need hiding your body when I've already seen it, baby." He smirked slyly.

"Drop dead." I snarled at him as I stomped out of the bathroom.

I got into bed after changing into my sleepwear. The Artist emerged from the bathroom, changed into pajama pants, and climbed into bed with me.

As his hand grabbed my thigh, I smacked it away and replied, "Don't touch me."

To annoy me further, he climbed on top of me, which led to a wrestling match. I smacked that idiotic smirk off his face as a result of him trying to kiss me. Taken aback by my action, his aggressive side started to surface.

A stern tone filled his voice as he said, "I tried to be civil with you and forget about our recent spat, but your misbehavior now has me thinking otherwise."

"If that's the case, why don't you just kill me and be done with it?"

"What makes you think that I would do something like that to you?"

"Since your ex, whom you didn't have the guts to kill, stated that you would get rid of her the same way you got rid of your other ex and your baby."

"I didn't kill her!"

"Then why did Talia said that you did?!"

"That b**** only did that to ruin me and our relationship!"

"We never had a relationship because I already had one with my boyfriend! It's no wonder why she cheated on you-"

"You don't know what happened nor were you there." He growled, gripping my throat. "And you really think that chump is worried about you? No, he isn't. He's completely forgotten about you."

"You don't know that."

"Oh, I do."

Getting off the bed, he pulls out a big envelope from the lamp table and tossed it in front of me.

"What's this?" I questioned him.

"See for yourself."

Opening the envelope, I was left speechless and numb when I pulled out photographs. The tears formed in my eyes as feel my heart shatter like glass. My suspicions were now a reality that hits me with a low blow. Low enough to point where I'm breathless.