The Factualness

Dec. 23, 1994

Author's P.O.V.

Running on the treadmill, she squeezed out every ounce of sweat. Throughout the week, Jalisa has kept to herself. In spite of concerns from those who care about her, she brushed it off like nothing ever happened. Kelvin's hidden misdeeds still left Jalisa dejected. Having completed a 5 mile run, she made her way back to her bedroom to shower. She then did her hair and threw on a long-sleeved shirt and sweatpants.

Hairstyle & Outfit

In the absence of The Artist, Jalisa roamed Paisley since there was nothing for her to do

In the absence of The Artist, Jalisa roamed Paisley since there was nothing for her to do. Having reached one of the studios, she walks right with some hesitation. The piano in the booth catches the young woman's attention as she walks towards it. Grasping the keys, her fingers played a melody.

After all of the times that we tried
I found out we were living a lie
And after all of this love that we made
I know now you don't love me the same

The way that I love

The way that I love

The way that I love you

Ohh, ohh, ohh

You lied, you lied, oh why, oh why?

Why'd you have to lie to me?

She was so absorbed in her feelings that she had not noticed The Artist standing near the piano.

"Is that yours?" He inquired, startling the young woman.

"Yeah," Jalisa replied plainly.

The Artist handed Jalisa a newspaper a few photos of a woman. In response to her confusion, he told her to read the article.

The article focuses on a young woman who was shot and killed in 1992. Her body was discovered in her car in a secluded area outside of Minneapolis, after being shot execution style. She was reported missing two days before her death, when a friend said she never arrived at their home that evening. The young woman's murder became a cold case because there were no motives for why anyone would wish to kill her. The young woman was Hazel Russo. She would have been around Jalisa's age if she hadn't been murdered so young.