The Tour

May. 3, 1994

Monte-Carlo, Monaco

Jalisa's P.O.V.

There are more words to use than just "breath-taking" to describe this view

There are more words to use than just "breath-taking" to describe this view. My hometown could never compete with this place. Kel and I may try to take a vacation here when we are not too swamped with work. Speaking of my boyfriend, he never called like he said he would before I left the states. I tried calling him, but it went straight to voicemail.

"Beautiful isn't?" The Artist spoke, starling me from behind.

I held my chest as I turned to see him standing in the door frame with two glass cups and a bottle of wine in his hands.

"Didn't mean to startle you. I wanted to check in see how you're doing." He explained.

"It's fine. I'm just enjoying the view."

"Care for a glass of wine?"

"Sure."

We then sat down and had endless conversation while sipping wine, during which I mentioned the situation at The Glam Slam the other night with the Talia chick. He stated that they had been dating for a few years and then left it at that. Shea mentioned infidelity as the factor in the split, so I didn't have to ask him what caused it.

*********

May 6, 1994

Paris, France

I uttered "Oh, wow" as I stared in total awe at the Eiffel Tower

I uttered "Oh, wow" as I stared in total awe at the Eiffel Tower. "This is...crazy."

"I'm guessing this is your first time seeing it up close?" The Artist asked while standing next to me.

"Oh, it is." I nodded, keeping my gaze fixed on the tower.

A startling light drew me away, only to reveal The Artist carrying a camera, which I was unaware he carried.

"I thought you want a good memory to look back on." He explained.

We took a couple more shots in front of the tower before heading back to the hotel. I called Tabitha after getting ready for bed to tell her how much I'm loving the tour.

"T, if you were here you'd fall in love with this place."

"Boy, would I? If I weren't so overburdened with work." Tabby agreed.

"I said the same thing about me and Kel coming here or to Monte-Carlo."

"Have you talked to him lately?"

"No, I tried calling him before boarding the plane to Monaco, but he never returned my call as promised. Did he leave a message by any chance?"

"I didn't hear from him on the message machine; your dad called, asking for you."

"What did he want?" I inquired, irritably.

"He was hoping you and him would talk since you guys haven't after you left without telling him and he invited you to his upcoming birthday party."

"Tell him I'm not interested." I declined. "And if he ask why, tell him it's because that h** he married right after my mother's funeral."

" Okay, I'll be sure to relay the message."

"And make sure you block his number afterward."

"Alright, I'll talk to you later."

The Artist's P.O.V.

I waited until she was sound asleep to come out of the closet where I was hiding after she got out of the shower. I sat at the foot of the bed, watching her sleep so blissfully.I yearned to be lying next to her, cradling her in my arms, and feel every part of her body. But not yet; just when the moment is right. It won't be long before I claim her. It won't be long.