The Unexpected Surprise

Mar. 30, 1995

Author's P.O.V.

Tabitha and Wilt sat in the doctor's office waiting area, waiting for Jalisa.  Jalisa has been feeling strangely off since The Artist left for London a few weeks ago. Although she initially dismissed it as a 24-hour bug, when she passed out during a workout, that was not the case.

"I hope it's nothing serious 'cause it's been over an hour." Wilt spoke with concern.

"I hope so, too." Tabitha added on.

After few minutes has pass, Jalisa emerged from the doctor's office, wiping tears from her face.

Tabitha approached Jalisa and asked if she was all right after noticing her friend was upset.  Nodding, Jalisa walked out the door, her friend and Wilt following behind. As the two sat in the living room having tea, Tabitha became increasingly concerned about her friend, who had been in a haze since they came back to Paisley.

"What did the doctor say?" Tabitha questioned Jalisa.

"She found something after I got my test results back." Jalisa replied.

"Well, what is it?"

"She found... a growth..."

"Oh, Jay,"

"...that'll be here in nine months." Jalisa concluded her sentence on the verge of tears.

"Wait what?" Tabitha spoke confusingly.

"I'm pregnant." Jalisa revealed.

Tabitha hugged Jalisa as they both cried happily over the news.

Meanwhile in London...

The Artist's P.O.V.

A pair of delicate hands caressing my face prompts me to open my eyes abruptly. Looking up to see a familiar pair of gorgeous green eyes looking down at me, I relaxed my head in her lap.

 Looking up to see a familiar pair of gorgeous green eyes looking down at me, I relaxed my head in her lap