~CHAPTER EIGHT - You're supposed to be homeless~

❀•❀ Status: Not Edited ❀•❀

Status: Not Edited

I open my eyes when I feel the car stop and I look out the window to see that we're at my house. I look back at Harley and smile at him.

"I had a great day. Thank you." I say just above a whisper and he smiles.

"That's what I'm here for sunshine." He say giving me a new nickname.

After we watched the sunset. We went back to the sand and laid on our towels as we talked about our favorite things. It really was a good day. And I'm sure that there are many too come. I hope.

I open the car door and turn back for a second. "Don't make me regret my decision." I say to him then. "Bye Harley." I wave as I get out of the car.

It was now seven pm and I was just getting home after the beach. All the lights at home were on and I was ready to take a shower and throw myself on my bed. I was tired, but it was a good day, so I'm not complaining.

"Bye Jess." He says making shivers run down my spine for the millionth time today.

"I'll call you." I say and he nods. I close the door to his car and walk up the driveway to the house. I turn around and wave at him.

I open the door and walk inside, Azalea jumping up and down greeting me at the door like she always does. I wonder if I can take her with me to Stanford. I don't think mom would let me.

"Family I'm home." I say taking my shoes and dropping my bag by the door.

"Hey sweetie." Mom answers emerging from the living room with a bunch of board games in her hands whilst walking towards the kitchen. I follow her and she walks out the door to the backyard. Dad, Julie and Jamie were here.

"Oh hey Jessie." Julies says and I walk over to her kissing her cheek. "How was your date honey?"

"It was surprisingly amazing." I say and take a seat next to her. She smiles at me and grabs my legs putting them on her lap.

"That's great. Where'd he take you?"

'We went to the county fair then to the beach to watch the sunset." I say as mom breaks out the monopoly asking me if I want to play. I shake my head and she nods.

"That's so cute. Did you know that James proposed to me at the beach?" she asks and I nod.

"Wow magical moments always happen at the beach?"

"Yup." Mom states rolling the dice, doing a little celebration cause she got the highest roll meaning she was going to start. "It's a magical place. Though I don't recommend having a child there. UTI's will become your best friend in a second." Mom says cringing at the memory. "So much sand everywhere." She shakes her head making me smile. "Worth it though. I got you."

"What else did you do?" Dad asks and I internally groan. I might have graduated high school and my parents may let me make my own decisions, but I don't think they would like to know how I agreed to go on trip around the country with a guy they just met today.