~CHAPTER TEN - In a way, Julie, is my momma~

❀•❀ Status: Not Edited ❀•❀

Status: Not Edited

I wake up in a bed that is not mine with a duvet covering me from head to toe. I could smell that lemon and orange scent that Harley always smelled like. And the only thing illuminating the room was a lamp next to the bed.

My first thoughts were, where the fuck am I? But as I smelled the lemon and orange. I remembered that I was in Harley's room. How I ended up here is beyond me, but I was here. I might just close my eyes again. But I won't.

I sit up straight on the bed, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. Once I've stretched every single limb I've got, I yawn as I look around the room. Out of the corner of my eye I see Harley on the small couch that was in a corner in his room.

His legs were hanging out the side and he was covered with the smallest blanket this world could offer. Or it was a normal blanket and he was the big one. He looked uncomfortable.

I stretched my legs out of the bed and stood up walking over to him. I squatted down next to him and brushed his hair off of his face. I shake him a little and he jumps.

"What's wrong?" He asked looking around and I smile shaking my head.

"Nothing's wrong." I say and he sighs closing his eyes again. "Why didn't you sleep in your bed when I fell asleep?"

"I didn't want to make you uncomfortable." He says and looks at me for a second before closing his eyes again.

"It's your bed Harley." I chuckle and he shakes his head.

"You looked peaceful." He says and I tug his arm so that he can stand up. I walk him to his bed and he falls with a groan.

I grab my phone and check the time seeing that it's already half past five. I guess I can stay another half hour before I have to get home.

I grab the duvet and get in bed with him.

"What are you doing?" He asks as I sit next to him and stroke his hair.

"My mom's a nurse. And when I was little, her best friend, my momma, would sit next to me on the couch and would stroke my hair. It made me feel loved and safe." I explain and he nods letting me run my hands through his hair over and over again.

"I told Jake that ever since I met you that there was this safe and warm feeling to you that I just drew me in. In the short time I've known you, you've made me feel safe." I smile looking at him. I raise my head looking around the room as I speak. "I thought I'd return the favor the same way my momma used to make me feel safe so many time."

"Why do you call your neighbor momma?" Harley opens his eyes and looks at me. His head was on my lap so I had to look down at him.

"In a way, Julie, is my momma." I start off. "It feels like she is. I'm my mind I've never had just two parents, I've had four for as long as I can remember."