Chapter Fourteen-Cleo's POV

It was finally the morning Nate and I were supposed to be leaving.

I was actually pretty excited, to be honest.

When I first told Ike of our plans to leave after two days of rest, he kind of flipped out. We had a spat because I didn't understand why he was acting like this when he knew I would be leaving with Nate eventually. He claimed it was his alpha wolf not wanting his mate to leave so soon after becoming Luna to his pack. I call bullshit, he was just being petty and jealous again. He said he would calm down if he could send someone with us. Another wolf to keep watch over me.

That would not do.

I had been so focused on the challenge ceremony; I didn't get a chance to get to know my new mate at all. I was beginning to feel like I was neglecting him. We needed some time alone together, and if we had Matt or Levi trailing after it, it would surely put a damper on the mood.

So, I spent the next two days kissing Ike's ass.

I hated it, it hurt my pride. But I needed to get him so infatuated with me and so eager to please that he wouldn't dream of saying no to any request I make, even one to go alone with Nate.

In the mornings I would wake him up with a method that would make any guy happy, then I would make him breakfast and feed him and coo about how handsome he was. He would blush the entire time and tell me to stop, he was a strong Alpha and didn't need to be babied. But he would always continue accepting my food offerings and compliments.

I would follow him around, paying close attention to everything he did. That wasn't just for the game I was playing; it was also because I really did need to learn how to run a pack.

I played nice with all the pack members, answering their questions mostly truthfully. At night I'd drag Ike into our home and cook him dinner and massage his shoulders while he ate and ask him questions about the pack members we'd interacted with that day. Again, I needed to know this information, but I could also tell how he swelled with pride when he got to talk about his people in length.

We'd watch whatever he wanted while I crawled all over him. Whispering sweet nothings in his ear and kissing his entire body. I would let him fuck me anyway he wanted, let him come anywhere he wanted as many times as he wanted. I came when he demanded I did and generally acted like the perfect mate.

When the morning finally came that I would get to leave with Nate, I felt confident my plan would work.

It was only eight in the morning when I peeled my eyes open, but I'd be willing to bet Nate was already up and ready to go. I had seen him lingering around the pack the past couple of days, looking pouty and miserable. I felt bad, I wanted to tell him what I was doing. But I couldn't risk Ike finding out.

I quietly slipped out of bed and headed to the bathroom to take a quick shower. I wondered how long we would be going for. How much should I take? Fuck what if we're walking the entire way, should I take anything? I don't exactly relish the thought of wearing the same underwear for multiple days in a row.

I decided I would be taking a backpack stuffed with my essentials. I just wasn't willing to not have a change of clothes and some soap. I like to be clean.

As I was rolling my leggings up into little Swiss rolls to take advantage of the limited space I had available, I heard Ike begin waking up. My heart skipped a beat.

It was time for the finale.

I set my half-packed backpack down on the dresser and made my way to the bed. Ike's eyes were opened and watching me carefully. They still looked puffy with sleep.