Chapter Thirty-Unknown POV

"Be gentle, please. You already roughed her up more than I wish you would have." I move Cleo's hair out of her face once my men set her down on my bed. "Leave." They shuffle out without a word, leaving me to her.

"You finally came back to me..." I sit on my knees beside the bed, watching her sleep. Her clothes were torn and askew. I grabbed my blanket, and draped it over her so she wouldn't get embarrassed when she woke up.

I hear a soft knock on the door, and I roll my eyes, standing up from my spot beside Cleo to open my bedroom door.

"What?" I stare into the terrified eyes of one of the house maids, who is trembling in fear from my gaze. Weak. All of them.

"I-I brought the c-clothes you requested, Alpha." I growl, and snatch the bundle of fabric from her. She squeals as I push her aside and return to my room, slamming the door behind me.

"I got you new clothes." I whisper to Cleo hovering over her for a moment. Surely she wouldn't want to sleep in these uncomfortable things she was wearing. I lean down and pull the blanket off. I gently turn her on her side, unzipping the back of the skirt before laying her back down on her back and working the thing off her. "Don't worry, I'll take care of you from now on." I purr as I lean down and bury my face in her neck. I tilt her head to the side, scowling at the site of that fake Alpha's mark. How dare he, mark what is mine. She's always been mine. Only mine.

And she always will be. 

A/N

If you read this whole book, thank you. The third and final is being written right now, and so far, it's definitely been my favorite to write out of all three. So keep an eye out for it. Thanks again!