Chapter Twenty-Nine-Nate's POV

To be clear, I am in fact, fucking mad.

As we walk through the sad abandoned buildings all I think about it the way it made me feel to see that man touching Cloe and fucking licking her. I don't think she knew how fucking angry it made me. I wanted to go back and hurt him. Badly.

I knew it wasn't her fault. She didn't know what she was drinking, and once you drink a MoonDrop, you're pretty much down for the count. You have to keep drinking them or you'll crash hard as hell, like Cleo was doing right now. But the more you drink, the hornier you get, the harder it gets to say no to a willing (or even an unwilling) partner.

But that didn't stop me from being annoyed.

"I'm going to tell Ike about this." I shoot over my shoulder.

"Wait. Please don't do that." I hear her struggling to catch up with my long stride. "I'm sorry Nate, I don't know what came over me. It's like I wasn't even conscious."

I whip around and close the distance between us. She was trying to take her shoes off. She straightened up as I stood in front of her, staring down into her eyes.

"Well, I was. I got to see the whole lovely show. My mate getting kissed on and licked and touched by another man and another mated female. And fucking liking it. So yeah, I am going to tell Ike. And I'm going to enjoy his face when I do tell him. Because you just acted like a trashy ass hoe, and I can't wait to tell him." Dude.

Her face falls, and she swallows thickly. Damnit. Why did I say that?

"You're right, it is easy to tell when you're being mean." She takes a step back and stares at the ground. I can see tears dripping onto the concrete.

"Cleo wait I'm-"

Crash.

My vision goes black, and all the air leaves my lungs.

My ears are ringing.

I can't focus on anything. I feel my mind slipping away.

"Fucking tie her up!" Her? It felt like something was covering my mouth. What the hell is happening? Why can't I make my body do what I want?

I got this.

I feel my panther ripping through, and my vision finally returns. A man is now scooting away from me, hand holding the giant gash in his face my panther had given him when he came out. His eye was hanging by a thread, and blood was soaking the black sweatshirt he was wearing.

"Fuck!" He gargles as my panther tears into him, finishing him. I can see a cloth clutched in one of his hands. It smells like chemicals.

"Yo, someone get him!" I whip around and feel my heart stopping as I realize what I'm seeing.

They're taking Cleo.

Four men, each holding a limb as she thrashes about wildly.

I feel another body crashing into me, but this time my panther snaps back immediately. His teeth tear through someone's soft throat. He immediately discards the body, tearing towards his mate.

I feel needles stabbing into me and can see a guy standing off to the side shooting at my panther. My panther looks down, and I can see syringes filled with light purple liquid draining into him.

He's already slowing down.

Fuck.

They're injecting Cleo now.

I can feel my panther's body dropping to the ground.

Fuck.

She's stopped thrashing.

They're throwing her in the back of a gray minivan with sliding doors.

They're driving away.

My panther falls asleep.