The Cookie theory (Maudie X Ezra)

Story status:6.5/10 I LOVE the story concept, the English? not so much (Very lowkey romance)

The Kyva mini special might take a while (I need to think of an ending)

In one of the episodes, their seen making fruit kebabs which shows they have some kind of culinary curriculum in primary school (Assumption to the culinary curriculum). In Singapore, we don't have culinary studies until secondary school where we call it Food Consumers Education (FCE- Sec 1, Sec 2) Food & Nutrition (F&N Sec 3, Sec 4, Sec 5)

Their aged 11-12 in this story so they will still be in Moorabbin Primary

Will be thoroughly checked tomorrow

VERY HEAVILY INSPIRED BY KARAKAI JOUZU NO TAKAGI SAN (Volume 10, Chapter 88)

Ezra POV

"That's all for today class." Miss Tan announced, "Good job everyone, especially Kyle for not almost burning down the kitchen again."

"You're welcome." Kyle replied smugly before tossing a cookie into his mouth.

"It's about 10.26, I think I can dismiss you now." Miss Tan said with a smile. "Enjoy your early recess."

Just as I was about to leave with my lunchbox and cookies,

I felt a sharp tap on my right shoulder.

I turned around and saw Maudie with a warm smile on her face.

"Hi Ezra, do you mind if we swap cookies?" She asked.

Swapping cookies?

"Sure?" I replied, a bit confused.

We used the same ingredients and followed the same recipe.

So, they should end up tasting the same.

I don't understand why she wants to swap them...

We swapped our cookies and Maudie's grin got slightly bigger.

"Thank you, I'll see you at our usual spot at the playground in 3 minutes." Maudie said. "I just have to settle something first."

"Okay, see you I guess." I replied, still confused about this weird exchange agreement.

Then she walked away.

That was really weird.

I walked out of the kitchen, and I happened to overhear a conversation between Pixie and Ava.

They were talking very loudly.

so technically, I wasn't eavesdropping or anything.

"These cookies are absolutely delicious; nothing can make them taste better!" Pixie said.

Ava then gave a smug smile and chuckled a bit.

"Allow me to enlighten you on something I personally call, the love cookie theory. Even if you use the same ingredients and follow the same instructions, if they're from someone you like, there always going to taste better." Ava said.

"Oh really?" Pixie asked, her eyes lighting up. "I wonder if Jacob is willing to exchange cookies with me?"

I paused and looked at the cookies Maudie had given me.

Could it be?..

No, it can't.

I shook my head and continued walking.

By the time I got to the playground, Maudie was already there.

She was eating her homemade PeanutButter and salmon sandwiches.