Do it for the sick children (Maudie X Ezra)

Story status:6.5/10 (This was a better story concept in my head tbh, still cute tho.)

I THINK I have checked it enough

Their 14-15 year old 

Maudie POV

"Thank you so much for purchasing a box of cupcakes!" Ava grinned with her usual charisma. "You just contributed 90% of the money you spent on these cupcakes to the ill children in our local hospital and you're really amazing for that."

The customer smiled back and walked away with her box of chocolate cupcakes.

"How do you do that?" I asked.

"Do what?" Ava asked, vividly confused.

"Being able to charm and convince anyone you talk to. You convinced that lady to buy a dozen cupcakes when she was planning to just buy 1." I complimented. "I can never do that."

Ava smiled and blushed in flattery.

"Aw, don't say that." She replied in a genuinely humble tone. "You're just as good."

"I don't think s-" I said.

Before I could finish my dialogue, Ezra walked right up to us.

"Sorry I'm late." He muttered, a bit out of breath. "My alarm didn't ring on time."

"It's fine, just get you're bum on the piano chair right now." Ava replied. "We only have it booked for 2 hours." 

Ezra nodded and rushed straight to the piano, which was at least 10 feet away from our stall.

He looked a bit nervous, but I couldn't blame him.

He was about to play in front of a very crowded plaza.

"One strawberry cupcake."

I turned my head and went back to focusing on my job.

I was in charge of the strawberry cupcakes, so I carefully grabbed one.

Once the customer paid Ava for her cupcake,

I handed it to her, along with a napkin.

"Thank you for your purchase." I smiled. "The sick children in the hospital will really appreciate it."

The woman just rolled her eyes and walked away.

Once she was gone, I immediately looked at Ava.

"See what I mean?" I asked.

"She was just a rude one." Ava replied, trying to reason with me.

"Mayb-" 

Something stopped me mid-sentence, and that something was the intro to the song 'River flows in you' by Yiruma played on the piano.

I shot my eyes at Ezra, and I saw him pressing on the keys with his eyes closed with a small smile on his face.

I couldn't help but stare and admire on how passionate and happy he looked; he seemed lost in the music, as if he was born to play.

However, nothing can replace the happiness he experiences every tech day.

He acts likes he's on top of the world.

I looked around and grew upset to what I saw.

Sadly, it seemed like I was the only one that could hear him.

Song after song, no one stayed to watch.

Not even a single tip was given.

I didn't get it.