My seniors a wing woman(Ava X Kyle)

Story status: 7.5/10 (This story is so cute I got it off a TikTok post but i forgot the user T_T)

I THINK I have checked it enough.

They're 15 years old

Ava POV

I was sitting at my usual spot in the public library, reading a book, as I always do after school on Fridays.

I've been there for about half an hour reading, but as much as I wanted to continue, my eyelids got heavier and heavier.

I decided to give in to what my body was telling me and laid my head and arms on the table.

I'm sure no one would mind if I took a little nap.

Later....

I woke up feeling tired and groggy.

My back was also aching due to the way I was sleeping.

I thought it was best for me to go home since I was still very tired, and I don't think it's appropriate to sleep in the library for a long period of time.

Plus, my bed is cozier.

I stood up and grabbed my book, but as I did, a note fell out and landed on the table.

I grabbed it and read it out of curiosity.

In a scribbled font, I read:

'You look adorable when you sleep.'

A smile arose on my face as I resisted the urge to squeal and break out into dance in the library.

This is exciting but not surprising since I've been getting a few lately.

Three days ago, there was a note in my locker saying, 'You look pretty today and every day.'

And just yesterday, there was a note underneath my desk saying, 'How do you always manage to make me smile and stay so pretty?'

I pressed the note against my chest and sighed dreamily.

I really hope this person reveals themselves soon.

I started walking through the hallways with the best feeling in the world.

Who knows? Maybe this person could be the one!

The one I end up with forever~

And this would be a cute story we can tell our kids in the future-

Before I could come up with their names, I bumped into a sturdy wall of flesh.

I closed my eyes, ready for impact as I nearly fell back.

Fortunately, someone caught me right on time.

They wrapped their arms around my waist and grabbed my shoulder.

I opened my eyes and looked up to see Kyle with a cheeky grin on his face.

"Hey Ava!" He greeted.

"Shhh!" All the library users hushed.

I stood up straight and gently pushed Kyle away from me.

My heart was beating fast due to the fact that I nearly fell and could have hurt myself.

"I'm so sorry for his behavior." I apologized in a loud whisper, grinning sheepishly.

Then I looked at Kyle and glared at him.

"Kyle." I whispered, "Where is your basic library etiquette?"

"Jeez, sorry." He replied softly. "I was just excited to see y- I mean, I forgot."

I sighed.

I can't change Kyle.

Also, I was too tired to lecture him.

"Okay, just remember next time." I reminded him, "I'm going to head home, goodbye."

I walked away quickly, hugging my book.

"Goodbye." He whispered after me.

What is he even doing at the library?

He's the last person I would expect to be here.

I went to the librarian's desk to register my book as borrowed so I could read it in the comfort of my house tomorrow.

There, I saw Harriet Harper, my favorite senior ever.

Even though her aunt is rich, she insists on working part time after school.

"Hello, Harriet." I grinned, handing her my book. "How has your day been?"

"Pretty great; Reginald surprised me with a yarn bouquet this morning," Harriet replied, scanning the QR code on my book in a dreamy state.

"That's great, I see you two have been getting pretty serious~" I grinned.

"Nevermind me and Reggie, I have some information that will probably be the cherry on top of your day."

My eyes lit up.

"Did the reading program get more volunteers?" I asked.

"Ah, yes, but that's not the main information I have." She replied.

"Then what is it?" I asked curiously.

Before she spoke, she took a deep breath and gave an even bigger smile.

"You know that loud guy who you recently bumped into?" She asked.

"Yeah, Kyle," I replied. "What about him?"

Harriet dropped my book and stood up, grabbing my shoulders.

"He was the one who wrote the note."

I blinked as my heart skipped a beat.

"He wrote the note?! The note I received that said I looked adorable when I sleep? I asked loudly.

All the library users hushed me, and I was embarrassed.

I turned around and mouthed:

"Sorry."

Then I turned back to Harriet and laid my hands on the table.

"Are you sure?" I asked. "Maybe you just saw another good-looking dark-skinned guy with bushy hair."

Harriet sat back down and crossed her arms while shaking her head.

"I know what I saw, and you just called him good-looking." Harriet said smugly.

I buried my face in my hands and started silently screaming.

O-M-G.

IT WAS KYLE THE WHOLE TIME?

"Do with that information as you will." Harriet said, handing me my book, "There's a line starting to form, so have a nice day with your thoughts and delusions; I'll see you soon junior."

I grabbed it and quickly walked out of the library.

Once I was outside, I started jumping, squealing, and celebrating.

Everyone passing by was staring at me, but I didn't care.

I stopped and paused once I realized something.

Do I actually like Kyle?

Or do I only like him because he was the mystery guy who wrote the sweet notes?

I started thinking about Kyle and reflecting on all my interactions with him.

The more I thought about it, the more I realized that I have had a crush on him for a while.

I would make excuses to be with him or when something good happened to me, he would be one of the first to know.

I smiled as I looked at the note.

I don't mind this at all.