A memorable wedding

Maudie POV

"Maudie, are you in here?"

"Yes, Ava I'm in here."

I, the bride, replied with a big smile as I looked at my reflection in the mirror.

It was my big day, and I bet you can guess who I was getting married to.

Ava had just arrived in my dressing room, wearing a pink bridesmaid dress with white heels.

I put her in charge of choosing a dress for all my bridesmaids to wear.

She did a wonderful job.

When she saw my reflection in the mirror, she paused and covered her mouth with her hands.

"Oh my god, Maudie, you look so amazing!" She gushed, tearing up a little.

I turned around, and she pulled me in for a hug out of happiness.

"Thank you, Ava," I replied, hugging back and almost tearing up. "You look gorgeous as well."

We hugged for a long time, swinging from side to side in happiness.

I think of Ava as my non-biological sister who I love and care for a lot.

Once we pulled back, the door flew open and revealed a masculine figure.

He awkwardly walked in with his eyes covered.

"Is everyone dressed decently in here?" Ezra asked.

"Yes, Ez-"

Suddenly, Ava ran towards him and shoved him out of the room.

Causing Ezra to fall backward and land on his bum.

Ava then immediately tried to occupy and cover the door with her whole body.

"What was that for?!" Ezra asked, confused.

"It's bad luck to see the bride before the ceremony!" Ava hissed.

"Okay, okay, jeez, Ava." Ezra said, standing up.

"Go on now." Ava said she was crossing her arms. "Leave."

"I'm going..." Ezra said he was highly annoyed. "I can't wait to see you later, Mauds!"

"Same here, Ezzie!" I replied with a smile.

Once Ezra was out of Ava's sight, she calmed down and closed the door.

"That was stressful," she sighed, leaning against the door. "Everything has to go perfectly."

"It doesn't have to, but it would be nice if it did." I replied.

"I'm making it my mission to make sure everything is perfect!" Ava said with a determined look on her face. "I promise you, Maudie Miller, I will."

I just rolled my eyes playfully.

I can't do anything about it.

Ava will be Ava.

"Do whatever you please," I replied.

"By the way, I still can't believe you don't want a big wedding!" Ava said, still in disbelief.

"Ezra and I think it's for the best," I replied. "Sorry, we didn't let you plan it."

"It's alright; I got over it after 2 weeks. I'm just upset that you don't want to truly spoil yourself on your big day!" Ava complained. "You have the money. And even if you didn't, I would willingly sell my kidney to pay for it."

I giggled and placed my hand on her shoulder.

"A very generous, interesting, and thoughtful offer, but Ezra and I just don't want something so flashy. We'd rather have a simple but lovely wedding and save the remaining money for our retirement." I explained. "However, when you and Kyle get married, be free to splurge all you want."