𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙤𝙖𝙧𝙙𝙬𝙖𝙡𝙠

Michael had come to pick you up on his motorcycle around the time that the sun had begun to go down.  He told you that Sam and his mother had left about an hour ago, in hopes of finding a job for Lucy.  Apparently Sam was going to be waiting for you both at the entrance.  Before you even got on the bike, you decided to start your role as the resident tourguide.

"Fair warning: the boardwalk is crawling with gang activity," you warned.  "Especially once the sun goes down.  So just... try to be careful."

Once you got to the boardwalk, you could already see some of the local Surf Nazis trying to fight some of the security guards.  Luckily, you could see Sam, and he wasn't anywhere near that altercation.  When he saw you and Michael, he quickly ran over, a little freaked out by the fight.

"So, what do you suggest we do first," Michael asked.

"I think they've got a concert going on," you suggested.

"Don't you have to pay to get into concerts," Sam pointed out.

"Not here.  Indie artists play here for free to try and drive up sales," you explained.  "I think there's someone playing tonight."

The boys followed you as you began to make your way to the concert.  The boardwalk had a stage built into the side, with a divot in front of it for a mosh pit/dance floor.  Behind the divot were three sections of bleachers that reached higher than most of the buildings around.  And if those weren't easy enough to find, tonight was one of the nights where the music and crowd were loud enough that you could hear them for miles around.

The Emerson boys followed as you expertly navigated through the crowd, and weaved between people.  You had mastered the art after living here for so long.  And soon enough, you all had found the concert.  Sam found a spot on the bleachers he had liked, so he directed you and Michael up onto the rows of metal seats.

The band on stage had a... strange frontman, to say the least.  He was shirtless and trying to seem sexy, but was holding a saxophone while he sang the songs.  You'd've thought a saxophone was one of the least sexy instruments on the planet, only seconded by kazoos.  But the he started playing the saxophone, and suddenly, all the girls in the crowd lost their shit.

Sam stood there, swaying awkwardly rather than dancing.  You couldn't really criticize, you were doing something pretty similar.  You didn't like dancing in public.  Michael, on the other hand, was staring at something higher up on the bleachers.  Or rather, someone.  You saw the girl he was staring at, and nudged him while wiggling your eyebrows.

"Got a crush, huh," you asked.

He just glared at you in response, then looked back at the girl.  You turned your attention back to sExY sAxOpHoNe guy, but less than five minutes later, Michael had grabbed you and Sam, and began to drag you away.  Before you could question what was going on, Sam asked for you.

"Where are we going?"

"Nowhere," Michael replied.

"So... what's our rush?"

"You're chasing that girl, aren't you," you smirked.

"Wait, the chick you were staring at," Sam questioned.

"Admit it, you're chasing her," you teased.

"We're at the mercy of your sex glands," Sam added.

"Don't you both have something better to do than follow me around all night," he asked angrily.

And with that, he stormed off, most likely still pursuing after the mystery maiden.  

"Sorry about him, he's an asshole," Sam apologized.

"Eh, it's fine," you shrugged.

"No, he invited you out here!  He should try to be nice!"

"I egged him on, it's only natural he got mad.  Now, anything you want to see?"

"Is there anywhere I can find some comics," he asked.

"I know just the place."

You began to walk towards the Frog brothers' store, Sam following closely behind.  Probably smart, especially now that the Surf Nazis were probably pissed, and willing to attack anyone for breathing in their direction.  They were one of the gangs that had the 'you mess with one of us, you mess with all of us' mentalities.  Soon enough, Sam spotted the neon sign for the store, and looked at you.

"Alright, I'm gonna go find your brother.  You good if I leave?"

"Yep," he replied.

"You know where to find your mom when you're ready to leave?"

"Yeah."

You smiled as he ran inside, and turned towards where you had seen Michael run off to.  You were able to find him pretty quickly, back at his motorcycle.  And believe it or not, he had actually managed to find and successfully flirt with the girl.  Then, he spotted you.

"Oh, hey (y/n)," he greeted.

"Hi," the girl smiled, waving.  "I'm Star."

"It's a pleasure to meet you," you told here.

"Me and Star were just about to go-" Michael began.

Before he could continue, he was cut off by the sound of revving engines.  Suddenly, four dudes on motorbikes began to circle around the three of you, and trapped you in place when they stopped.  Of the four, it was pretty obvious that the baby-faced platinum blonde was the leader.  Then there was the Dee Snider impersonator, the single brunette, and one who had completely covered his jacket in pins and patches.

"Where are you going Star," the supposed leader asked.

"For a ride.  This is Michael and (y/n)," Star told him.

"Let's go," the boy demanded, beckoning her over.

Star dropped her head in what seemed like shame, and she began to shuffle towards the platinum blonde.  You honestly felt bad for her, considering it was quite clear she didn't want to go with him.

"Star," Michael called.

But unsurprisingly, she ignored him.  The leader looked at Michael, and got a wicked idea.

"You know where Hudson's Bluff is," he asked.  "Overlooking the point?"

"I can't beat your bike," Mike stated.

"You don't have to beat me, Michael.  You just have to try and keep up."

Star hopped onto the leader's bike, and the three other boys looked towards you.

"Why don't you ride with me sweetheart," Patches suggested.  "Promise I'll go slow!"

"No, I'm way safer," Dee Snider told you.

You were planning to just go with Michael, considering you knew him more than five minutes, and had already ridden with him.  Therefore, you trusted his driving far more than you trusted these twos'.  But just as soon as you began walking towards the Emerson, the brunette pulled in front of you, blocking you from Michael.

"Why don't you ride with me," he said.

Unlike the other two, he didn't have a big dopey grin.  He didn't have a resting bitch face, and he wasn't frowning, but he wasn't smiling either.  You weren't sure what to call it, but there was one word that described it perfectly: intimidating.  You didn't want to admit it, but you were a little freaked out.  It didn't help that these guys were part of a biker gang.

You hesitantly sat down behind him on the bike, and you heard the other two groan.

"You might want to hold on a little tighter darling," he told you.  "I gotta keep up too."

And with that, the leader's bike shot forward, quickly followed by Michael's.  The other two took off after them, and you quickly realized: this dude was a bit of an asshole.

How did you know?

He popped a wheelie as he took off, scaring the absolute shit out of you.  You latched onto the brunette, and you could hear him chuckling.  He did it on purpose.  Little shit.