𝙁𝙞𝙣𝙖𝙡 𝙝𝙖𝙞𝙡-𝙢𝙖𝙧𝙮

Oh, like hell you were just going to stay put.  You weren't dying here, in some weirdo's living room.  You were dying of old age somewhere far away from Santa Carla, surrounded by friends and family.  And this was very much in Santa Carla.  Therefore, you were getting the hell outta dodge.

And you were well down the street when Max finally figured out.  Even his dog hadn't managed to catch you.  So now you were running.

You'd never make it to the train station in time, unless you had some form of cover.  Some form of secrecy to help you hide.  And then you thought of it.  Your train tracks.  Once more, you found yourself sprinting for them when your life was on the line.

But, if you went further down the tracks, they cut through the woods on their way to the station.  You could easily get there and be hidden within the trees before any vampires could figure out where you were.  You just needed to keep running.  They weren't going to catch you.

Not now, not ever.

You made it to the boardwalk's entrance, and people were still flooding the area.  Tourists.  Those who didn't know about what went bump in the night, and those who didn't know the fact that their lives were at risk every moment they were out past dark.  But you knew.  And yet here you were.  Although, maybe that fact would help you.  The vampires would expect you to avoid the boardwalk like the plague.  And the sweaty bodies that inhabited the area might disguise you, and you could simply hide in plain sight.

You had only made it a few feet through the people before someone grabbed your shoulder, and you bit back a scream so that you didn't reveal your location.

"(y/n)," Star whisper-yelled.

"Star?  What happened, are you okay," you quickly interrogated.

You hadn't seen her since the night of Mr. Emerson's death, when you ran out of the battle torn house with the Frogs.  Was she still like Michael before he ate his grandfather's corpse?  Or was she like David and the monsters?

"You need to get out of here," she quietly instructed.

"That's the plan," you stated.  "I'm on my way out right now...  Wanna come with?"

"No, I have to stay here.  With Laddie.  He's... he lost his humanity, and I lost mine," she informed you sorrowfully.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," you said quietly.  "Well, the offer still stands if you ever want to come find us."

And with that, she released you.  You bid her a proper farewell, and you scuttled off to go get to your tracks.  You were upset that Star had to go through this, sure, but you also didn't have the time to let your emotions trip you up.  This was you're last chance at escape.

Failure was not an option.

You ducked down past the broken railing, and leapt off into the woods.  You began running once more, refusing to slow.  It wouldn't take too long for you to get caught.  You couldn't even afford to waste milliseconds.  

You refused to fall when the loose stones supporting the tracks tripped you up.  You refused to trip when your feet caught on twigs littered around the ground.

"(y/n).... (y/n)... why are you running (y/n)..."

And you for sure refused to stop and freeze in fear as David called out for you.

It sounded like he was whispering, and his voice was clearly in your head.  But you knew that it was probably a vampire thing.  You weren't safe.  If you were in a 60 mile radius of the vampires, you could never truly be safe.

You weren't to far from where you needed to be now.  You were trying your hardest not to think about it.  You didn't want the monsters to find out where you were going.  You couldn't lose this.

You could hear motorcycles roaring off in the distance, and you picked up your pace.  Odds are they were just some Surf Nazis, but you didn't want to test your luck.  Again, failure was not an option.

You kept running, even though it felt like your legs would give out.

"(y/n)... come back (y/n)... (y/n)..." David called once more.

Yet again, you ignored him.  Especially now since you could literally see the train station.  And you caught glimpses of camo patterns entering... the Frog brothers!  Even though you thought it to be impossible, you managed to quicken your pace once more.  You heard the motorcycles fastly approaching, but you refused to let that discourage you.

Then you heard the whooping and cheering.  And this wasn't in your head.  But the entrance to the train station was less than 20 feet away.  You were so fucking close.  It was right there!

"Where you goin'," you heard Marko shout.

"Slow down hot stuff," Paul added loudly.

You kept running.  Then, you heard a new voice in your mind.

"Sam's in Sherwood Ohio," Michael's voice whispered.

Well, now you knew where you were going.  You kept sprinting, and by some miracle, as the boys began riding next to you, you managed to make it inside the train station.  You ran to the ticket booth, and saw your brother's standing in line, about to purchase their tickets.  You raced over, and placed your hands on their shoulders.

"Three tickets to Sherwood Ohio please," you told the worker.

The boys looked up at you, and then pounced on top of you in a hug.  They both began talking over each other in an effort to apologize for leaving you, and telling you how scared they were, thinking you were dead.

"Actually, we need five tickets," a male's voice announced.

The blood drained from your face as you and the boys fearfully turned to see who had joined you.  Michael and David stood there, David sporting his stupid-ass smirk.

"What, trying to leave without us," David questioned.  "We asked politely for you to slow down.  You didn't have to make us seem late."

Mike looked apologetic, and the Frog brothers seemed angry.  They didn't have any of their equipment, and they had the chance to kill David.  He was such an easy target in this moment!  They could end this once and for all!  But the pointed glare that David shot them was enough to shake them of the monster-murdering thoughts almost instantaneously.

"If you're going to kill us, just do it," Edgar demanded.

"Oh, we can't kill you," David replied.  "Yet.  Your friend (y/n) here is the only person who knows where Sam is."

"And like Hell I'm gonna tell you," you stated.

"So rude.  But I believe you already told us.  Why do you think we're going to Sherwood," David asked.

"Too bad.  Sam's not in Sherwood.  We're meeting him a few towns over."

"Then we'll follow you."

"Oh look, we're going to miss the train," Michael quickly interjected.  "We should go board before it leaves without us...!"

He let out an awkward chuckle, and David sighed.  The two began shuffling for the locomotive, and your brothers flanked you as you three made your way over.