𝙍𝙚𝙖𝙡 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙 𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨

Alan and Edgar woke up Michael, and you all filed out of the car.  You grabbed Laddie while Michael grabbed Star, and Sam ran ahead to hold the door open for you.  Nanook rushed over, barking and growling at the three half vampires as loud as he could.

"Your dog knows a flesh eater," Alan said.

"Take him outside Sam," Michael demanded.

Sam obliged, and quickly shoved his husky through the front door.  When he turned around, your group began to go upstairs, only to get stopped by old man Emerson.

"Michael," he asked.  "Do you know the rule about filling up the car with gas when you take it without asking?"

"No grandpa," Mike replied.

"Well... now you do."

Michael rolled his eyes, and you all continued the journey to his room.  He set Star down on his bed, and you laid Laddie down next to her.

"What's plan B," Sam asked.

"We don't have one," Edgar admitted.

"We have to think of something, we only have three or so hours," you pointed out.

"Why," Mike questioned.

"David threatened to come after us tonight.  When the sun goes down, we're fucked," you answered.

You all plotted out what you could possibly do, and then you all separated.  Sam went to try and tell his mother what was going on, while the Frogs left to go get holy water.  You and Mike were sent to go try and convince Mr. Emerson to leave the house.  You both managed to find him in the kitchen, and you and Mike agreed that you couldn't just tell him to leave.  But, you remembered a conversation you'd had with him, and decided to use one of the few memories you had been allowed to keep to your advantage.

"Mr. Emerson," you asked.  "Ms. Johnson called.  She said to pick her up at seven instead of eight."

"We got a date tonight," he questioned.

"I guess so.  She said not to be late," you told him.

"Well, I better get cleaned up then!"

He disappeared, and you followed Michael to go check on the sleeping half vampires upstairs.  Outside, and engine revved, and a horn honked out off key 'La Cucaracha.'  You assumed that meant that Mr. Emerson had left.  Soon enough, the front door opened, and you heard your honorary brothers make a very loud entrance.

You ran downstairs to greet them, and saw them holding military looking canteens and flasks.  They waved them around triumphantly, so you assumed they got the requested blessed water.  They employed you to go and fill up every bathtub and sink in the house with a mix of holy water, and garlic that Sam had been mincing in the kitchen.  It had been a job he assumed after failing to convince his mom the legitimacy of your current situation.

Eventually the sun began to dip below the horizon, and your group circled up to go over the game plan one last time.

"I think I should warn you all," Edgar began.  "When a vampire bites it, it's never a pretty sight."

"No two bloodsuckers go out the same way," Alan explained.  "Some yell and scream, some go quietly."

"Some explode, some implode," Edgar continued.  "But all will try to take you with them."

Suddenly, Nanook began barking outside.  By now, the sun had fully set, meaning there was a chance the dog was getting terrorized by the creatures of the night.

"Nanook!  I left him outside," Sam shouted.

Sam ran for the front door, and everyone shouted for him to come back.  He bolted outside and tried to grab Nanook, and you and Michael bolted outside to grab him.  Mike grabbed his brother while you grabbed the dog by the collar, and you brought them inside, keeping an eye out for any vampires.

You managed to make it inside safely, and Star came bounding down the stairs to join you all.  Outside, you began to hear a familiar whooping and hollering.  Realizing Laddie was still upstairs, Star and the Frogs ran back upstairs.  Sam ran off into a different room, leaving you and Michael alone once more.

"(y/n)..." Mike trailed off.  "I'm sorry.  You told me not to drink that shit.  I dragged everyone into this."

"Hey, it's not your fault," you said.  "I don't think either of us could predict any of this happening."

"I really fucked up."

"I hate to say it like this, but throw yourself a pity party later.  I think we need to focus on not getting killed.  And I'm pretty sure they're extra mad since Ed maimed their friend."

Upstairs, there was a loud thud.  Paul had come in through a window, scaring the shit out of the four people outside.  Edgar and Alan were in the process of debating whether or not to kill Laddie and Star, when they heard the dark laughing behind them.  The two self proclaimed vampire hunters ran off, and accidentally got themselves cornered in the master bathroom.

"You're mine," the vampire shouted.  "You stabbed Marko!"

"No, you're next," Alan stated, throwing a specific vegetable at him.

"Garlic don't work boys," Paul smirked.

"Try the holy water, dead breath," Edgar shouted.

And with that, he made a very ballsy move.  He shoved the vampire.  Paul fell backwards into the tub, and groaned in pain.  Edgar and Alan ran out, and threw the door shut, barricading it closed as quick as possible.  There was an animalistic roar from inside, and they ran downstairs.

But after hearing the floor creak, the to dived into a coat closet.  They clung to each other like the day you found them, terrified.

"Guys," a voice asked.

The two reached for their stakes as they tried to bite back screams, only for Sam to emerge from the mess of sweaters and Hawaiian shirts (there was no real need for coats in Santa Carla).

"Guys, guys, calm down, it's just me," Sam quickly whisper-shouted.  "Don't kill me!  I'm safe!"

Ed and Al both let out quiet sighs of relief, and released the other from their grasp.

"What are you doing in here," Edgar interrogated quietly.

"I saw a vampire through the window and panicked.  Mike and (y/n) are still out there!"

The two brothers looked at each other, then back at their newfound friend.  They knew you could handle yourself, but Michael?  He hadn't been making the smartest choices since moving here.  This whole fight was evidence of that.  Would his inability to handle himself end up in your death?

"I need to go make sure their okay," Sam stated.

"Wait, there might be a vampire out there," Edgar pointed out.

"That's my fucking brother!  I can't just leave him to die!"

And with that, Sam took a deep breath, and made his way out of the closet.  He opened and closed the door as quietly as possible, and began making his way back to where he had abandoned his brother.  He wasn't going down without a fight either.