𝘿𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙞𝙣𝙜

You were trying to just leave work.  But true to his word, David and his gang were about a hundred feet down the boardwalk.  You couldn't exactly go back in and leave through the backdoor without explaining to your brothers that you've had another interaction with the gang, let alone their leader.  But, you had realized just how lucky you were that day.  A few hundred feet in the other direction was your hide out.

So, you simply avoided the biker gang and went down towards your train tracks.  Sure, the boys were on their motorcycles and could easily catch up to you if they happened to see you, but you were swept away by the crowds of tourists.  Not even the Frog brothers would find you, and they were closer!  It was perfect.

And yes, you knew the dangers of going to your train tracks at night.  What if they were flooded?  What if something happened to you?  No one knew about them other than you, so if either were the case, no one would know.  You could go missing and wind up on one of the missing posters plastered everywhere.

You quickly jumped down past the broken beam in the wooden railing, making your way into the woods.  In no time at all, you were at your special spot, making your cassette selection for the evening.  Quickly settling on Bon Jovi's 'Slippery when wet,' you slipped the piece of plastic into your boombox, quickly fast forwarding through the tape for a few seconds.  You listened to the end of 'Without Love,' and jumped to your feet when you heard the start of your favorite song.

"Shot through the heart,
and you're to blame,
" the voices from the box chanted.
"You give love
A bad name.
"

You started singing along as you went around, cleaning up your little area.  Making sure all the lights were where you wanted them, your tapes were organized how you liked, your tarp and water protection practices were ready to clean everything up in case it rained tonight, etc.

But as the chorus line started up again, you couldn't help but start to sing and dance along.  You didn't care how bad you were, there was no one around to judge you.  You could just close your eyes and do as you pleased.  It was liberating.  No one was there to remind you that you couldn't dance for shit, or to point out that you sounded like a dying cat when you sang.  You could just have your little party for one.

But one problem with keeping your eyes closed while you danced around like you did: you were on tiny, slippery rocks.  And you couldn't check where you were stepping.

Your foot slipped, and you quickly landed on your ass.  You just giggled like a madman as you laid down, not caring about the bumpy, hard ground beneath you.  You cared about the sky above you.  You watched the stars as they danced and glowed, lighting up the big blue blob like fireflies.  You smiled as they flickered.  It was like they were dancing around too.

You closed your eyes once more and began to take some deep breaths, feeling calmed.  You didn't think you could ever be truly stressed out when the planet was still turning, and the stars were still dancing with you.

The song came to an end, and 'I'd Die For You' began to play next.  You hummed along, knowing this one by heart as well.  You just loved this album in general.  You saved up the money for a long time to buy the tape, and you remembered how elated you were when you played it for the first time.  The excitement of not getting swindled or being sold a broken tape, the joy of listening to nothing but Bon Jovi as much as you wanted...  You played the fucking thing on repeat for hours on end.

You eventually sat up, turning off your music, and protecting all your shit from potential rain or rising water.  You were starting to feel tired, and you knew it wasn't good for you to be continually staying up past midnight.  But thanks to David and his 'brothers,' your sleep schedule was completely and utterly fucked.

"I'd die for you
I'd cry for you
I'd do anything,
" you sang quietly, not wanting the song to end while you did what you needed and began to leave your spot.
"I'd lie for you
You know it's true
Baby, I'd die for you...
"

You climbed back up onto the boardwalk, taking a glance around for the biker gang you worked so hard to avoid.   You couldn't see any of them, so you assumed you had successfully managed to wait them out.

Oh, how foolish you were.

"Hey babe, don't stop!"

"Hello Paul," you groaned.

"Why hello there.  Now, keep singing!  Please," he begged.

"Sorry, songs over.  Go home," you told him.

Okay, that was a lie.  But the song was almost over, and you didn't feel like indulging this asshole.

"Please!  I want to hear you!  I need to!"

"No you don't.  Besides, isn't there a concert tonight?  Go listen to people sing there," you deadpanned.

"How about a compromise," Paul suggested.  "Marko and Dwayne went down to that concert.  If you come with me, I'll stop bothering you."

"You'll just bother me there too," you pointed out.

"Yeah, but not about getting you to sing.  Come dance with me," he said, doing a little twirl when he said the word 'dance.'

You hesitated.  If you tried to go home, he'd find out where you lived.  You didn't know if David told them your address, but in the slim chance he hadn't, you wanted to be better safe than sorry.  Besides, he never said specifically that you had to dance, and he never said how long you had to be there (you took a few notes from David's visit the night prior).  You could go stand awkwardly for a few minutes.  Or at least, till Paul got distracted.

"Fine.  But no funny business."

Paul began cheering, grabbing your arm and excitedly dragging you towards the stage like a child would with his parents on Christmas morning.

A/n: watched Bill and Ted with my mother this morning, noticed a lack of fics... god damn this username.  Now it feels like a job title.  At least I got some potential quotes to use in the next chapter.

But now that the other Ghostface book and the 'House of Wax' fic are done, I have time to start some new shit.  But what to write about that doesn't feel like selling my soul... 'cause all I got now is 'Thir13en Ghosts' which sucked ass, or the movie I watched this morning.  Decisions, decisions.