𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙘

You opened the door to your house, and David went inside before you. The other four vampires ducked under the patio cover, hiding from the sky. There was some time before the sun started rising, but they didn't want to risk it.

"Invite me in," Paul demanded.

He was itching to take a look at what your parents had left over music wise. You took a deep breath, and tried to calm your nerves. You could think of something. The fact that you were standing here, very much alive and human was an attestement to that.

"Please come in," you said, stepping to the side.

The monsters piled in, Paul quickly grabbing your arm.

"Take me to the attic," he instructed darkly.

You obliged, and led him to an upstairs hallway. You opened up the hatch in ceiling and began pulling down the ladder. But before you could finish, Paul had flown up into the attic and was instantly rooting through the old boxes.

You looked out the window, and saw the moon was beginning to dip in the sky. Before you could begin plotting another escape attempt, someone's hand gripped your shoulder.

"Are you ready to join us," David asked.

"I just have a few questions first," you replied.

"I wouldn't expect anything less from you."

He began directing you back downstairs, where you saw Dwayne and Marko raiding your kitchen. It was mainly Marko tearing apart your cabinets, but Dwayne was taking a peek at the things in your fridge. Michael was standing in front of a window, staring at his house across the street. You didn't know if Max and the Emersons were still inside. God, you hoped Sam was okay.

David made his way towards your couch, dragging you with him. He took a seat on the arm of the sofa and harshly sat you down next to him.

"So. Questions," David began.

"How come I can't remember stuff," you asked.

Michael turned at that. He wanted to know too. It was clear that the vampires were screwing with your head, but he wanted to know the specifics.

"So you want to know more about the mojo," David began. "It's one of the more complicated parts of our existence."

"How so," Michael questioned.

"Shut up and let me get to it. Then you'll know," David responded. "Every vampire's got something going on. But it's never the same. Usually it's influenced by what they were like when they were alive, or how they died."

"I was chained to a tree to feed some forest monster," Marko said, suddenly appearing and flopping down on the seat next to you. "And Dwayne was everyone's therapist friend."

"What do you think mine will be," Michael interrogated.

"Too early to tell," Dwayne shrugged, opting to stand in the doorway.

"How did you and Paul die," you asked.

"Paul was in the Great War of '14. He was in an interrogation with the enemies, and we happened to stumble in. We liked him, so we kept him around," David explained.

"What about you," you questioned.

"I was in the right place at the right time."

"That's not really an answer," you pointed out.

"Does it matter? We're about to kill you," David stated.

"You said I get another chance to pick if I want to join you."