𝙉𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚 𝙫𝙞𝙨𝙞𝙩𝙤𝙧

Soon enough, Lucy got home from her date.  Sam was still holed up in his room, scared to face his 'goddamn shit-sucking vampire' of a brother.  He kicked you out to try and get you to keep Michael away from him, scared of getting drained of his blood.  You wanted to shake your head at his antics, but after Michael's little trance and the reflection thing, let alone whatever the bridge was.

You sat with Mike till his mom got home.  Once Lucy returned, you were swiftly sent home.  You walked across the street at a leisurely pace, thinking.  Could vampires be real?  Or more importantly, how did you forget nearly getting hit by a train?!  You managed to stay quiet as you snuck back inside your house, creeping upstairs to your bedroom.

You had laid down on your bed, about to fall asleep and put this confusing day to rest, when there was a gentle tapping on the window.  You looked up, only to see your blinds were closed.  You glared at the hidden glass, assuming it was just a bird or the wind.  Fucking mother nature being an asshole trying to keep you awake.  Bitch.  You simply rolled over, trying to get some shut eye.  But the tapping started up again.

You groaned and sat up, making your way to the window.  You ripped away the blinds angrily, and damn near screamed when you saw a familiar baby face staring back at you.  He chuckled as you jumped back in fear and surprise.  You wanted to open the window just to slap that stupid smirk off his face yourself.

"What do you want David," you whisper-yelled.

"Can't hear ya doll," David shouted.  "Can I come in?!"

You sighed and opened the door, and looked at him expectantly.

"Well?  Can I come in," he repeated.

"What do you want David," you interrogated.

"I wanted to apologize," he smirked.  "Heard my brothers were screwing around with you.  Figured I'd make sure they didn't try anything."

"They didn't."

"Good.  I'm sorry about their behavior.  Can I come in?"

"Last time I checked, apologies were verbal," you pointed out.

"Well, last time I checked, I finished the apology.  So can I come inside, or what," he questioned.

"How about... no."

And with that, you closed the window back up.  David was demanding you let him in as you closed the blinds, but you just ignored him.  He had disturbed your precious sleep, he could eat a dick for all you cared.  But then you remembered something, and opened up the blinds once more.  Luckily for you, David was still there shouting profanities at you.  You opened the window, and he quickly shut his mouth.

"I have a few questions," you began.  "How did you get up here?"

"Let me in and I'll tell you," David smirked.

You hesitated for a moment.  Why was he so insistent on you letting him inside?  Was he going to kill you like you feared?  You wanted to turn him down and send him away, but you were too impatient to wait for someone stable to ask these questions of.  David could give you answers, and he was right here!

"Fine, come on in," you said, stepping to the side.

David gracefully pulled himself through your window, and his landing was practically silent.  You watched as he walked around, looking at your things.  You wanted to tell him to stop, but there were more pressing matters at hand.

"So... how did you get up here," you asked again.

"I climbed," he replied simply.

"... what happened at the bridge?"

His head snapped over to you, shock written all over his face.  You could see the fear in his eyes as he inspected you, watching your body language for anything telling.  But what was he looking for?

"David?  You said you'd tell me if I let you in."

"I never said that," he stated.  "Besides, I answered that other question, so there goes your freebee."

"Just tell me," you demanded, annoyed.

"You want to know what happened?  You didn't listen to me, and you almost got hit by a train," he answered.

Shit.  David was giving you vague replies, as if he knew that you couldn't remember.  It was like there was something blocking you from memories you had from that night.  You could feel them.  It was like a word on the tip of your tongue.  A mental wall was keeping you from finding what you needed, and it was like David knew that.  And like he was taunting you, acting like he could break that wall down, but only relaying what you already knew thanks to Michael.

"Yeah, well, you were asking too much of me," you shrugged.

"No, it was pretty simple," David told you.  "You just had to be overdramatic about it."

David... he felt like he was giving you honest answers.  There was a bridge, that much was certain.  You had almost gotten plowed over by a locomotive because you didn't drop down like he advised.  And you had been overdramatic.  One of the boys could've held on to you, they were strong enough.  Michael was questionable, but possible.  You should've just dropped down like he told you to.  But, you didn't listen.

You were glaring at him, and he smirked at you.  He found this amusing as hell.  You knew that he knew that he screwing with your mind, and you knew he was loving how much you were hating it.  You wanted to slap him again, but refrained from doing so.

"Look, if you just want to stand around and piss me off, maybe you should just leave," you suggested.

"Now why would I do that?  I thought we were having fun," David said.

"If this is what you find fun, maybe you should leave me the fuck alone too."

"Oh, I never said we were gonna leave you alone," he chuckled.  "I just said I was gonna apologize."

"You said you were going to-"

"Apologize and make sure they didn't try to do anything.  I never said we'd leave you alone.  You and Emerson better suck it up, 'cause you're gonna be seeing a lot more of us now."

And with that, he made a grand exit.  He climbed out your window with the same amount of flawless grace as he had coming in.  He closed the window for you on his way out, so all you had to do was close your blinds.

When you finally managed to fall back into your bed, you were out like a light.

A/n: it is now my birthday.  Celebrating by writing this shit.