Chapter 1

After posting a tweet Genevie found herself calling her best friend, Mai

After posting a tweet Genevie found herself calling her best friend, Mai. Honestly, Mai didn't have so much competition, but Genevie was sure Mai would still be her best friend even if she has thousands of friends.

   Mai answered her call and Genevie went straight into rambling-mode about her latest problems, the drama on internet, her new tweet, the dog next-door who she absolutely adored without knowing the dog's name and would probably never ever see again because of her parents, and anything else which popped into her mind.

   It's not like they hadn't seen each other for a while, they had seen each other yesterday and had already talked once today, but Genevie always found herself babbling on and on, and somehow, Mai always listened and understood, and this time was no different. Mai stayed silent, doing her make-up, while Genevie talked and after a few minutes she calmed down enough to have a normal conversation with.

   "So, why did you call me Eve?" Mai's voice spoke from the phone on Genevie's bed. Genevie herself was pacing the floor in her room, she didn't like speaking with people through the phone, it always made her anxious, even though she seemed so confident while rambling about random things, or she thought she sounded confident.

"Uh, do I need a reason to call you now?" Genevie asked jokingly while twirling a blonde lock of hair between her fingers. 

   "No, but we talked like an hour ago, and we'll see each other tomorrow before school." She spoke, dragging out the 'No'.

"Yeah, I know, but I don't have anyone else to ramble to, and I can't go outside, you know? I'm getting restless," Genevie answered after a sigh.

    She did get lonely at times; she was an only child, and her parents was what you could call strict. She wasn't allowed to go outside after dinner, she did the dishes and cooking, she helped around the house a lot more than her friends -friend- and she wasn't even allowed to have a sleepover.

   But Genevie didn't mind, she loved her parents, and even though they were away most of the time, they loved her too. They worked hard, and were away for probably 75 percent of the year, but once again, Genevie understood, even though she missed them.

   "Haha, you asked your parents about the concert, right? I'm surprised they let you go" Mai answered with her beautiful laugh.

   "Yup, they agreed, after some bribing and negotiation" she said with a sigh, her parents were really frustrating to deal with some times, even though she knew they only had her best in mind.

   "Your parents are far too strict with ya, you're sixteen!" Mai answered while doing her eyeliner.

   "Yeah..." Genevie sighed, too quiet for Mai to hear.

   "What was that Eve?" her friend asked, she hadn't been that quiet apparently.

   "Huh? Oh, nothing, why are you doing your make up?" Genevie answered, changing the subject. 

                                                                      __

The next day, Genevie once again walked with her best friend, hand in hand, out of school. They stopped, as usual, for Mai to tie her white shoelaces which were too long for her red sneakers. Mai jumped up, once done, her backpack bouncing on her back. She had chosen a silver backpack with black planets and cats for the day. Genevie loved the backpack and had always wanted one for herself.

  They walked slowly down the black street, a side of trees with their school behind them, on the other side loud cars. Genevie's hair swayed lightly from side to side as she walked, Mai slightly ahead of her, like Genevie was something that needed protection.

   Maybe she did, maybe she needed protection and shielding from the world outside. Maybe, she was deprived of the love that Mai got when they were young. Or maybe, that's just looking for a reason, maybe it's just what they always do.

    Maybe that's why Mai always walked half a step before her and held the younger one's hand the same way a mother did to her toddler. Maybe that's why Mai is the one telling her to eat all the food on her plate and she is the one who soothes Eve when she's crying.

Stupid thoughts.

   Genevie had managed to convince herself it was because that's what they always do, that's their routine. She needed to believe it was because of routines, and not something else.

   They continued their walk, both dreading the crosswalk, where they say goodbye. Unfortunately, the moment came, and they said sad goodbyes before Mai turned to the left and Genevie continued straight forward. Even though they had said their farewells to each other many times before, it was still as sad as their first one.

   Genevie was not looking forward to work, she liked children, sometimes, but they were loud and pulled on her hair and that combined with runny noses and vomiting was not something she liked. "Fool for you" played through her headphones as she made a turn to the right. Soon she would be surrounded by little devils and her ears would hurt with no music to comfort her. It's not like she didn't like them, children were just so...loud.

   Loud noises scared the shit out of the small girl, and they played in her head on repeat like an echo afterwards. The strange thing was, even though loud noises were scary and annoying, Genevie didn't function without sounds. She always had something playing on her phone or hearing Mai's voice to distract her from thinking.

   Genevie cleared her head as she walked in through the gate of "Sunshine Kindergarten". She said a shy hello to a colleague on her way to the office where she locked her backpack into a locker and took a deep breath. 'You can do this.'

________________________________

Hello beautiful people! Nice to meet ya! (what's your name? Let me treat ya, to a drink)

This is by far the worst chapter I've written so far, I always have trouble with epilogues and how much to include, so please hold on, it will hopefully get better!

Updates on this story will go slowly because I'm lazy, but you maybe get a chapter every other week. I'm not promising anything (*cough* Louis *cough*).

Alright I'll stop with my chaotic mind right now. I hope you're enjoying this book, if you have any ideas, questions, if something's wrong, anything, please comment! As for the ideas, I'll try to incorporate any ideas given to me into the story, so write a comment if you have any!

Hope you're having a wonderful time, as Harry Styles said, I'm always available if you need someone to talk to!

'Til Next Time
See ya!