Chapter 20

When Genevie woke up from her unplanned nap on the couch, yawning and stretching her arms towards the sky, Liam walked into the room

   When Genevie woke up from her unplanned nap on the couch, yawning and stretching her arms towards the sky, Liam walked into the room. The TV was off now, only a cozy playlist on in the background. The music really fit the rainy weather and changing leaves outside. It was weird, how long she had already stayed with the five men and how comfortable she had grown with them.

She knew Mai was proud of her, she said that much last time they talked. Genevie was even a bit proud of herself, of how much progress she had made. She didn't pinch her skin nearly as much anymore; the last time was when they had been outside in a park last week. There had been a lot of people there but with Niall's help she had managed to work through her fear.

"Angel?" Liam's voice brought her back to the present, a blush coating her cheeks. She mumbled a sheepish 'sorry', even though Liam just waved it off, as they usually did when she was lost inside her head. "I was just wondering if you want to help with dinner?" The man continued, his voice soft. "Yeah, sure," she answered, still sounding a bit dazed. She was picked up, instantly dropping her head onto Liam's left shoulder.

When they entered the kitchen, Zayn was singing along softly to the speakers while he was stirring something in a pan. He had already set the table, a few candles lit in the middle along with a bouquet of fresh flowers.

He looked up when they walked in, stopping his singing but still a beautiful smile on his lips. His hair had grown out a bit, mostly because of the busy weeks they had had. Genevie liked it, she could play with the longest strands when he held her.

"What can we help with baby?" Liam asked, leaning in for a sweet kiss after, Genevie still in his arms. It was a bit awkward, squished between them, but it ended quickly. Zayn asked Liam to start chopping salad while Genevie got the mission to look cute from her place on the counter. She was sat besides the stove, having full oversight over the kitchen and the front door.

"Do you want some juice, Flower?" Zayn asked, offering a sippy cup. The girl nodded, reaching out to take it and mumbling a 'thank you'. The older smiled, a gentle and warm smile that she hadn't seen in a while. She had come to the conclusion that it was reserved for them, her and the family they had created.

Him as a whole became softer when they were alone, the six of them. They all put up different facades in public, but she often thought of Zayn as a bit intimidating outside, while at home he was so calm and approachable.

"What got you all frowny, Evie?" Zayn asked while stirring the pot again, in it was colorful vegetables and spices, her nose approving of the godly smell. She just shook her head in answer to the question. Zayn didn't seem happy with that, but the front door opened just in time for Genevie to avoid further interrogation.

An overly excited Niall practically ran into the kitchen, looking for something to eat. He mumbled something about starving, which Genevie giggles to. "Oh, you think that's funny, eh?" His question only making her laugh harder, especially when Niall started tickling her.

"Give the poor girl a break, Ni," Harry chastised, picking her up from the counter and setting her on his hip. As she did with Liam, she immediately placed her head on his shoulder and snuggled into it.

"Is someone feeling tired today, huh?" he asked while bouncing her, the only answer being a careful nod. The four men frowned at the low energy. "You just napped, you feeling okay, Angel?" Liam asked, his concern showing.

The didn't realize it then, didn't even consider it, but the combination of finally feeling safe and cared for, along with all her emotions and experiences over the last weeks had her teetering at the edge of falling into a fuzzy, young headspace. If the girl only knew what it was, which made her feel so weird, she maybe would have let it happen more easily.

Right now though, she was trying to act normal, and fight off the unwanted feeling of hazy tiredness at the same time.

"You know, you could've helped me out there, but no, leave me outside in the rain!" Louis spoke from the hallway, temporarily interrupting the men's worrying. He didn't sound that angry, more joking than anything, but the words still made Genevie tense up, feeling guilty even though the statement wasn't directed at her.

Harry's hand drew small circles around her back when he felt her tense up which calmed her a bit. The bracelet was burning a hole in her blue leggings' pocket. Deep inside, she realized how stupid it was to worry about it. Because it was Louis, he would accept anything she gave him, especially a handmade rainbow bracelet.

She also knew that if this was her from five months ago, she would be so embarrassed by this whole thing, thinking that this was so wrong. But right now, in Harry's arms with a soaked Louis taking of his shoes, Niall stealing bread from Zayn and Liam placing the salad on the table, she didn't have the energy to think about it.

Everything felt so safe, so warm, and it was getting harder and harder to not slip under the surface of the cloudy, fluffy feeling floating towards her. She didn't know what it was, maybe she had been drugged? She could only recall feeling like this once before, after that doctor appointment aaaaages ago.

But it was coming towards her, everything turning more syrupy, sweeter, cozier, like that thick blanket she hid under every time they watched a movie. Maybe someone had put the blanket over her head now?

______________

Well, hello again!

It's short, I know.

No excuses, just not enough time and motivation, so I won't promise when I will update next time, hopefully faster than this, but no promises.

A big thank you to everyone who have read this! It means a lot to me and I'm so thankful and happy that there's someone out there who wants to read this.

Hope you're feeling great, if not, then I hope it will get better soon!

'Til Next Time

See ya!