Chapter 12

"Come on sweetie, it's time to wake up

"Come on sweetie, it's time to wake up." Liam said, probably for the hundred time, gently shaking the adorable girl. She hadn't made a single move to wake up, despite Liam's persistent attempts. At one point he had wondered if she was dead, but her chest was steadily moving up and down, her mouth open softly. Niall would surely come into the room at any moment with a new set of clothes.

Liam decided to pick her up and try to bounce her awake. He lowered the bars and moved the blanket from her, at least tried to. Her grip was surprisingly firm on the soft material, so he gave up on their tug war. Niall opened the door, as expected, and raised a questioning eyebrow at the still sleeping form in Liam's arms.

"She's impossible to wake up!" He spoke, walking around the room hoping the movement would wake her up. She had lived with them for a few days now, but she had previously been easier to get up in the morning. Maybe she had started relaxing a little, not being as on edge as before and therefor also feeling more secure when sleeping. Liam hoped that was the reason.

"Have you asked Zee then?" Niall asked, sounding calm, but the frown on his face portrayed the concern he held for the sleeping angel. "Why would I ask-" Liam's voice was laced with confusion, maybe a bit frustration mixed in.

"Because he's also impossible to wake up," Niall explained, appearing like he was stating the obvious, and perhaps he was. They both called for Zayn, him being down in the kitchen, probably drinking his daily morning coffee, joking about how he wanted it black like his soul. Well, he would be if it wasn't for the awful time- 9 am. They could hear him groan followed by footsteps climbing he stairs, his elephant sounding footsteps not near as gentle as Genevie's had been the day before while holding Louis' hand.

"What-" Zayn started, still sounding a bit tired but not harsh in anyway. "Why is Genevie still asleep?" he cleared his throat, looking from Niall to Liam for an answer. "She's like you, impossible to wake up." Niall spoke, Zayn grumbling an "I'm not impossible, " in response.

"You kind of are in the mornings, baby" Liam chuckled, kissing him sweetly on the lips, before asking what to do. Zayn sighed before looking at Genevie, caressing her cheek, taking in her young features. The light skin, the golden locks falling in front of her eyelids, behind them vibrant green irises full of life and curiosity. He knew she had so much energy waiting to be unleashed if that shy shell of hers just cracked.

Eventually they brought down an awake, though still drowsy, Genevie. She had enough energy to worry about the stairs, but when they were down on safe ground, she yawned.

Harry stood by the stove and Louis sat beside him, on the kitchen counter, conversing. Well, Louis looked like he was trying to speak and Harry instead focused on cooking.

Though, when Niall entered with Genevie on his hip, they both turned to her. Her hand clasped harder on Niall's shirt, not dealing great with the sudden attention. She wasn't used to it, not even after days of constantly being cared for.

It felt different, she supposed it was nice to have people around, someone who looked after her. But it would take some time to get used to, and some more time to not be embarrassed over everything happening.

To allow people to do things for her was new and something she needed to practice because the men wouldn't let her help with anything. It was quite frustrating to just sit and watch while everyone around had something to do, especially after so many years of fetching for herself.

Genevie was served a bowl with yoghurt and colorful fruits along with a thick stroke of honey, the agonizing scraping of plastic against the white table bringing her out of her thoughts . The unnecessary sugar was something Liam had commented on, trying to limit her intake of sweets on the second day, but her idiosyncrasy wasn't something he could stop, like Niall's two sugar cubes in his tea.

A light plastic glass with apple juice was placed in front of her, besides her breakfast of choice, no cutlery in sight. Was she supposed to eat with her hands? Louis, sitting across from the biologically teenager, noticed her confusion and answered the unasked question.

"We will start feeding you now, if that's okay with you?" Genevie nodded cautiously, figuring she could try. She had been very acceptant and open, part scared to say no, part not wanting to disappoint or do wrong and maybe, just a little bit curious.

She herself had not expected to be so tolerate and allowing. It was scaring, how easy it was to let them make decisions, nod that doubtful nod, to let go of some of her control, allow someone to get through that thick wall of hers, to just let it crack it a bit.

The last time she opened her door was many years ago, to share her mind with Mai, since then she had not closed it, Mai had always been granted permission to come in. And maybe she left some bits out at times, like how bad her panic attacks had turned in the last year, or how sometimes she felt absolutely done with life, so maybe the door was just left ajar, and not widely open anymore, but she was always permitted some access to her thoughts.

But let a new person in was frightening, let alone five of them. Let them see every awful crevice of herself, from her brain's nonstop thinking to her moodiness without food and sleep, from her annoying need for music to her horrid scars, both mental and physical, those were worst. She wasn't sure she was ready to share all that with someone.

She eyed the paper hanging on the refrigerator door while Zayn fed her. The position was awkward and messy when she couldn't control the spoon herself. She didn't like it and tried to focus on something else to make it easier, the five men making conversation while eating.

The notepad on the table had the same rules written on it as the one on the fridge, everything written neatly in Liam's handwriting. This one had some weird looking pink stars Niall had drawn while they talked and, in another corner, a few black flowers spread evenly over the small area.

They had tried to come up with a list of rules, stating that they would adjust them when Genevie felt comfortable in her little space, and they knew how old she would feel. But for now they had some standard rules put down, like no swearing, listen and don't talk back, be honest and if something doesn't feel right, tell someone. They were easy enough to agree with it, she had honestly thought they would be way worse.

Louis took the bowl when she was finished, seeming in a rush to somewhere, while Zayn and Niall walked upstairs to change clothes. Which left Harry and Liam downstairs with the child. Harry cleared the table of breadcrumbs from their toasts and Liam watched and talked from his place across from Genevie.

Zayn, Louis and Niall put their shoes on, Harry scolding them like young children for bringing dirt into the kitchen while they said their goodbyes. All three of them hugged Genevie and kissed her hair. She felt quite uncomfortable, not having the heart to tell them that while they were fussing over her.

She didn't know them well, not at all, and they were treating her like a mother would worry over her own infant. She hadn't experienced it herself, but she saw how Mai's mother always took care of her family and Genevie, Mrs. Leila Adam always caring like Genevie was her own.

The door closed with a loud bang, the noise unpleasant in the girl's ears. Harry just shook his head, mumbling something with 'Louis' included with a sigh.

___________

Hello again!

What do we think? Any ideas or spelling mistakes?

It's not proofread, and I don't like it, but I think I say that about every chapter.

Thank you so much for 1000 reads! Never believed that when I started writing this.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, if you did, please comment, vote, continue reading and be the amazayn human you are!

'Til Next Time

See ya!