Chapter 10

Louis returned to the warm living room, seeing SpongeBob on the screen still playing quietly, the small girl bundled up under a blanket paying no attention to it, instead looking deep in thought

   Louis returned to the warm living room, seeing SpongeBob on the screen still playing quietly, the small girl bundled up under a blanket paying no attention to it, instead looking deep in thought. He observed the younger for a moment, taking in her features. She still looked on edge, but it was to be expected.

After some time, he turned off the TV, the movement bringing Genevie out of her thoughts, flinching a bit from the sudden action. Louis noticed and a concerned look took over his face. "Oh, didn't mean to scare you, little one." Genevie replied with a quiet "it's okay" which Louis nodded his head to, sitting down beside her on the couch. She wanted to protest and tell him that she in fact not little but decided against it. Her shyness took over instead, pulling the blanket closer too her, like a protecting shield from the outside.

"How was SpongeBob?" He asked, his voice sweet and friendly. A confused expression took over Genevie's face, which then turned to realization. "Oh, umm... Alright?" Her voice went up in tone towards the end, sounding questioning. She didn't want to admit she had been lost in her thoughts when Louis himself had put on the show for her to watch.

Louis smiled amused before Niall entered the room, making both heads turn towards him. "Dinner's ready soon, so come on, Lima said I can't eat before everyone's at the table." Niall said excitedly. Genevie thought he sounded like a child, giggling at the thought while standing up, both men grinning wide from the delightful sound.

When the two of them walked into the kitchen while Niall ran -earning a lecture in how you don't run inside from Liam- Harry was setting the table and Zayn and Liam were cooking. Well, Liam was cooking, and Zayn was hugging him from behind, whispering something in his ear.

Genevie took small steps towards Harry, wanting to offer her help. With a gentle voice she asked what she could help with. But Harry instead ordered her to sit down, claiming that small children like her should not help in the kitchen.

She scrunched up her nose but didn't push it further. Why were everyone calling her little? She wasn't that short.

She watched as the five guys worked around the kitchen, everyone doing something. Niall trying to steal food, his hand being swatted away by Liam, who was trying to plate said food. Louis was lighting a candle on the table, even though it was still sunny outside. Harry was now washing his hands by the kitchen sink.

Zayn took a seat on Genevie's left side. He brough with him a glass of some type of juice in it, placing it in front of Genevie. She wanted to ask for a straw, it was the only way she drank something now days. She didn't know why, but she liked drinking with them. Unfortunately, plastic was bad for the environment so lately she had to use metal ones, which hurt her teeth when she started biting on them.

She kept quiet though, and everyone took a seat at the table when Liam had set the plates down on the table. She noticed some differences between her food and the others'. The fish was cut into smaller pieces from the beginning and her potatoes were mashed instead of whole. The glass Zayn had given her was also lighter than a normal one, made of hard plastic instead of glass.

Everyone acted like normal though, so although her mind was nagging her, asking what was going on, and her face probably looking like a big question mark, she didn't comment on it.

When they had finished dinner, they all sat down on the long sofa downstairs, trying to decide on something to watch and Genevie could add another thing to the list of suspicious things happening inside the cozy house. They only listed movies directed towards children as options, every Disney movie on the planet being shouted out.

They settled on Hachiko, a sweet movie about a dog and a professor. To be honest, Genevie had not paid much attention to the actual description, she had been sold by the dog on the cover. She had decided long ago that everything with animals was good, especially dogs, cats and horses.

The move started, the dog instantly making Genevie 'aww', the others content just watching and listening to the sweet girl. They soon nodded at each other, communicating without speaking and sat up a little straighter. Niall cleared his throat trying to get Genevie's attention but failing. She was so engrossed in the movie that she didn't notice the shift in the room.

Harry gently touched her arm, bringing her eyes from the film and instead to first his face and then the other's. She didn't make eye contact with anyone, she never did, not even with Mai. Harry searched for her eyes though, but she looked at the wall behind him.

"Umm, we wanted to talk to you about what it will be like living here." His deep voice outed slow and hesitantly. She nodded for him to continue, her mouth not making any move to speak. So he carried on, looking around at the four other men spread on the couch. "I umm, think it will be a bit different here, from- from when you lived at home." Niall continued after that, his voice still clear, but speaking faster.

"I'm not sure how much your mom told you before moving in," he paused, looking at Genevie. There was a quietness in the room with only the movie's low volume as background noise, not really uncomfortable or awkward but not nice for Genevie. Her face showed the confusion she was feeling. Sure, she probably should have expected some kind of talk of rules or something, but this conversation didn't sound like that.

Niall took her facial expression and silence as signs to continue. "When your mom brought up the idea of you living with us, she had a very long list of criteria" he started, sounding almost nervous. He looked like he was remembering the list, the face eliciting a shy giggle from Genevie, hiding her face behind her hands.

"But she also explained that you've had to endure a lot of stress, like us, and that's why she thought that this would be fitting for all of us." Now her face was probably just a big question mark, she had no idea what he was trying to explain. Everyone else looked like they knew something, and that something made them look tense, on edge.

"We're not going to force you to do anything, but think about it before you decide, because we and your parents think that this could be really good for you." Okay, now she was starting to get a bit scared, what could possibly need this long of a disclaimer? What could be so important for them?

Niall took a deep breath before continuing, looking at Liam for support. "What I- We are trying to say is" he stumbled over his worlds, whatever he was trying to tell was obviously hard for him.

Liam took over, seeing his partner struggling. "Have you ever heard of age regression? Or someone being in a younger headspace?"

She was sure her mom or dad had talked about it sometime, in between their important psychology lectures they gave to others who also dreamt of becoming workaholics with no life. But she didn't understand half of it, so it was not something she remembered. So she shook her head as an answer.

When Liam explained it, she realized that yeah, she had a faint memory of her dad talking about this, sounding absolutely fascinated, but he had explained it in way too complicated words. She also thought that oh, this was not at all what she had expected. Not in her wildest dream- or nightmare, she couldn't decide- had she thought this was what they wanted.

_________

Hello!

Sorry for the wait, I've been tired and haven't been feeling inspired, but here's a new chapter! *yaaaay*

I realize how long I've been dragging this out, but we are FINALLY getting to the good part. 

What do we think? Any mistakes? Any questions, ideas or anything else? If you enjoyed this, please continue reading, comment, vote and be the amazayn human you are! (I think I'm getting used to it)

'Til Next Time

See ya!