Chapter 21

"Oi, don't be so dramatic Louis it was one bag, baby!" Niall shouted from the kitchen, half muffled by the piece of bread he had just stuffed his mouth full of. Louis just sighed in reply while he walked into the kitchen, a drenched paper bag filled with groceries in his left hand, the other holding car keys on a chain with a pink, fluffy ball he got for his birthday 'because it matched his personality'.

Genevie wiggled on Harry's hip, her koala-like grip bringing her impossibly closer to him. His hands were still cold from the weather outside, but he was so comfortable she couldn't convince herself to move or even shiver from his touch.

Louis went in for a kiss from Liam and Zayn before pecking Genevie's head. When he went to snatch a piece of bread, Genevie gently gripped his hand.

"Hi, Darling," he said, his tone questioning, but so soft. Always soft for his girl. The younger shifted again on Harry's hip, trying to get the colorful band from her pocket. After fishing it up she widened her eyes towards Louis while slowly handing it to him. "For me?" he asked, pointing a single finger towards his chest. The only response he got was a careful nod from the nervous girl.

Louis immediately put it on, the band fitting him like a glove. He took the girl out of Harry's arms, spinning her around while thanking her. It got a giggle out of her, her mouth staying in up in a beautiful smile, her teeth showing and everything.

Eventually, everyone settled from the heartwarming moment and Zayn announced that dinner was ready. Louis whispered quietly to the girl still in his arms, her head on his shoulder, "want to go wash our hands so Daddy Li doesn't scold us, darling?". Genevie just nodded, still feeling tired, content to be in someone's arms, the warmth and comfort welcome.

"Feeling okay, baby?" he asked in the bathroom, while washing her small hands thoroughly under the water with some strawberry scented soap. She whined into his neck in response, her body awkwardly twisted with her hands still under the water, held in Louis steady grip. "It's okay darling, tell daddy," the man said. By now Louis thought he knew what had happened, inside ecstatic that she felt comfortable enough to let go of the control.

"Tired," Genevie whined again, burying her head further into Louis' neck, the older drying their hands before patting her back. "Yeah? Me too, what about some dinner, and then bed, darling? Doesn't that sound nice?" he filled the short walk to the kitchen again with talk, the only responses he was getting was short puffs of breath or small, almost unnoticeable, nods.

They were met with concerned looks from the four husbands as soon as they entered the kitchen, Louis met all of them with a sunshine smile while making a plate for himself, not sure what Genevie should eat.

Liam raised an eyebrow in response, wondering why Louis only got food for himself before sitting down. Ignoring the silent question, sure Genevie's answer to "do you want to stay in my lap or sit in your own chair, darling?" would be enough for the four younger men to understand. "You," was her only answer, still hiding in Louis' neck.

Louis only widened his eyes towards the other men, Liam nodding back thoughtfully, Niall and Harry grinning towards each other like Cheshire cats and Zayn looking affectionately at the backside of their girl.

Liam stood up, opening a cupboard and bringing a bottle out of it before searching the kitchen again. Louis just held Genevie tight, softly running his thumbs up and down on her back, her small hand rubbing her eyes before settling back on his shoulder, her nose in his neck. The spot was oddly comforting, she nestled into it more, slowly closing her eyes.

"Try to stay awake for just a minute, love," Harry spoke, all his focus on the little girl, dinner forgotten in front of him. She looked so relaxed, they all looked relaxed. It was nice, the calm that had settled round the house, soft piano music playing in the background, a candle lit on the table.

The only response Harry got was a tired whine. Zayn looked endeared at the scene, they all had dreamed of this for so long, to finally have it happening right in front of them was unimaginable. 

__________

Well, it's certainly been a while! 

And I'm really sorry for that, but inspiration and education doesn't really match, and I've had a lot to do. That said, I hopefully will finish this, and I'm so thankful to everyone who is reading this, no matter if you vote, comment, or enjoying the fic. 

'Til Next Time

See ya!