Chapter 2

After three hours of screaming and hair pulling Genevie was done for the day

   After three hours of screaming and hair pulling Genevie was done for the day. She let out a tired sigh as she opened her locker and picked up her schoolbag. It was heavy, as usual and the rain that had started pouring didn't make the walk to her house more inviting. Nevertheless, she started her journey through the now dark streets in the cold rain. She had long ago given up trying to shield herself from the rain when she could see her house, the thin coat didn't protect her at all from the water.

Genevie gently put the keys on the smooth kitchen table, the house was empty, as usual. She lit the lamp over the kitchen island before sitting down with her head in her hands. She didn't like the quietness, but she didn't have the energy right now to pick up her phone from her coat pocket.

She sighed again and brought the hair out of her face; this was not the moment to have a breakdown. She needed to cook dinner, dry all her wet clothes, or at least hang them up, do some homework and call back to her mom, who had called her in the middle of work.

She started with hanging up her wet clothes and then started dinner. Because she had been living alone for years, and before that had a nanny, she knew how to cook fairly well. Honestly, she knew how to run the whole house on her own. She searched through her fridge, looking for something simple and quick. She found some weird looking sauce and cooked some pasta-not the day to show off her cooking skills after all.

She called her mom while plating, ready to get the conversation over with, not that she didn't enjoy speaking with her parents, but she was tired and had a ton of homework to complete before she could sleep. She counted the signals, one...two...three..."Hello Genevie" her mom spoke loudly, Genevie wincing from the high pitched sound. She started walking around the kitchen as she greeted her mom in return.

They talked about her mom's work and exchanged 'how are you' which each other, only one of them answering honestly before her mom turned serious. "Genevie, have you thought about what we talked about last time?" Her voice was laced with sweetness and care, but Genevie froze like it was something from a horror movie.

"I thought we agreed about that, mom?" Genevie spoke with a little bit of whining in her tone.

"Yeah, I know but I think this could be good for you, I don't like you living alone and having to take care of yourself all the time" she answered, still with nothing but love and care in her voice. The voice Genevie heard too little of, the one she always missed and craved.

"Time to think about that now, huh?" Genevie said quietly, not really thinking before the hurtful words left her mouth.

Genevie could hear a sad sigh from the other end of the line, there was a slight pause before her mother spoke again. "You know we would love to be with you, but we've talked about this Genevie." This time, it was Genevie who sighed. Yes, she knew that they couldn't be with her, they had work. But was it too much to ask to be with them a little more?

Apparently, yes.

"Genevie, I need to go soon, but I really think we should consider the idea, I don't like you being alone, and your dad agrees. And I have known Liam for a while, he is really kind, and I think it would be really good to have someone with you." Her mom broke the silence, nothing she hadn't heard before, although she sounded more desperate than before. Genevie knew her parents worried about her, well, not enough to actually do anything. Send the problem to someone else, yeah, that's how much they worried. Not enough to come home and check on her themselves, no, but ship her off to some Liam, yeah.

Before her mom could say a goodbye, Genevie sighed and answered. "I know you think so mom, but I've taken care of myself for three years, I don't need someone to take care of me now. I'm eighteen in two years, mom." She believed her mother when she said that Liam was kind. That wasn't the problem, she trusted her mom's judgement on that part. But she didn't need a parent, as she had said, Genevie could take care of herself.

"I know you can Genevie, that's not what I'm saying. I'm just saying you shouldn't. Your dad agrees with me, we think you should live with him." Her mom paused slightly before uttering the next sentence. "And if it's so bad, it's just for a while, when you're older you can go back to living on your own." Her mom finished. Genevie stayed silent for few second, before she spoke, her voice colder.

"It seems like you've already made a decision for me."

Her mom ignored the harsh tone. "I think this will be great for you, I need to go now, I will text you later Genevie, I love you." She spoke before the line went dead, Genevie standing frozen in the kitchen, phone still in her hand.

This was the time for a breakdown.

­­­­­

­­_______________________________________

Hello again! If you see @StellaBofinkin the comments, ignore her, and if the queen herself sees this, then please don't read this. For anyone confused, she's my friend, and I DO NOT want her reading this... 

What did you think of this chapter? Anyone got any ideas? Any thoughts? Any errors bugging you? Please comment and I don't know what you do, continue reading if you enjoyed this...?

'Til Next Time

See ya!