Chapter 9

Moving in felt weird

Moving in felt weird. Not just because I was leaving the home I've lived in my whole sixteen years of existence, but also because of the men I was now living with. They were really kind, even though I was shy and hard to converse it. They didn't seem annoyed with it, which is something I imagined in my head twenty times over. Of course, there was awkward silence, but it's bound to happen.

From the past hour, the time I could officially call myself an inhabitant of the house, I have gathered many strange things. Some explainable with their unusual career choice, but many was not. They have a door that's always closed, next to my room. Liam came out of it when I walked upstairs to see my room and he quickly closed the door before I could see what was inside.

Speaking of my room, it's very...babyish? I like the soft pastel colors of the walls, one being a calm, sky blue and another a lavender purple. I also appreciate the cozy rug laying on the floor, something I wouldn't mind petting like a stuffed animal, it's fluffy and smooth.

I do fancy the room, the twenty minutes I spent in there after moving in felt more like home than the lifetime spent in the old house. With that said, it feels like something designed for someone much younger.

But I decided to try to be open minded, and I'm determined to keep the promise I made myself. I want to be okay with change, and this could be what I need. Mai left after making sure I was settled and made sure that I would call if anything was wrong.

So right now, I'm sitting in their living room, well one of them, and watching SpongeBob. It wasn't my choice of program, but Louis put it on for me and I don't know if I'm allowed to change the channel.

My mind drifted away from the show, not being hard to follow the plot of the episode, even though I wasn't paying attention. Instead thinking of my first time meeting Zayn, Niall, Louis and Harry yesterday.

The sun casting shadows on the house in front of me while I walked the path to the door made the house look quite intimidating. My hands were shaking as I brought them up to push the little button by the door. A loud noise emitted, making me wince and bring my fingers back. If the sound wasn't enough to signal my arrival, then I don't think anything will be.

Seconds later, a tall man with dark hair opened the door, his brown eyes looking at me. They looked happy; a smile etched on his face. He looked strong, someone you wouldn't want to fight, but also kind and someone who gave awesome hugs.

He opened the door wider, welcoming me into the house, calling out, probably for the others. The shout made me wince again though, something I hoped no one noticed.

I took off my shoes, leaving them neatly placed by the door and followed him inside the house when he motioned for me to do so. It looked like a home. Pictures of the five men hanging on the walls along with various families.

The kitchen was big with an island in the middle, and a family-sized table with chairs by a window. I didn't have much time to inspect it before we walked into a living room, a huge painting hanging on one wall. It was beautiful, abstract but fitting well with the rest of the furniture.