Chapter 22

Genevie did end up falling asleep halfway through the dinner, not caring for the food she had been promised or the awkward position she was in, pushed against Louis' chest. No, everything was warm and soft and fuzzy and so, so peaceful. It was impossible to not just fall into it.

After Louis had carried the sweet girl to her crib, the five men ate dinner together. Laughing, loving and a bit of crying, wishing for the same happiness for the rest of their lives. Zayn and Liam did the dishes while Harry filled up their glasses again, they all floating on a wave of happiness, off in what felt like dreamland.

"You know, I've been so worried about bringing her on tour. But maybe it'll work out, maybe we can do this," Harry softly voiced, voice barely louder than a whisper. And it was so vulnerable, the words resonating with them all. Because they all were anxious, and all that mattered really, was for their girl to feel comfortable, and most of all, happy.

"You know what baby?" Harry shook his head, tears a bit wet from the dinner. "I think it will turn out lovely, and she will be so happy out there, don't you think so?" Louis spoke, gently stroking a finger down Harry's cheek, warm, blue eyes staring into this own.

Soft thuds came from the staircase, dramatic intakes of breath heard from the kitchen. The men stared at each other, it couldn't be? Slowly entering the kitchen, Genevie stopped at the sight of the five husbands staring at her. Her blanket was tightly gripped in her left hand while took and interest to the floor.

"Hi flower" Zayn greeted, moving forward and picking up the girl, bouncing her slightly on his hip. "How did you get out of bed, darling?" he asked quietly. She took a while to answer, silently staring at him, gripping a lock of his black hair between her fingers.

"I can be big girl and do things," she told him, anything but confident. Zayn nodded, moving a few stubborn locks of hair from her forehead while formulating a reply. "That's great love, but we don't have to do that anymore, remember?" his eyes patiently looking at her. Genevie's own eyes still looking down on her hands when a flash of realization flew across them.

"Sorry," she whispered, shyly trying to hide herself, making herself into as much of a ball as she could while still on his hip, her head coming to rest on his chest. "S'okay darling, we all can forget things sometimes, hmm?" Liam whispered, a hand rubbing down the girl's back.

And a moment later, the five men all surrounded her in a massive hug. And Genevie had never felt better. Never felt more at peace, more like herself, never felt more loved. And it was amazing. And she knew, that as long as she wanted to, the comforting arms around her would stay, because that's what they did. They cared, stayed, and simply, loved.

THE END

___

So honestly, I wasn't ready for this, but I just want to thank you for reading this.

Thank you for voting, commenting and just reading, and hopefully you enjoyed this journey. I probably will come back to this, and maybe write a few one shots because I'm not ready to leave Genevie fully behind.

If I'm not here, you can find me on AO3 under WritingWithTheCatBella or on twitter under TheCatTyping.

I've learnt so much while writing this and I encourage anyone who wants to try, do it! It's not as hard as you think.

Finally, a last thank you, I've loved writing this, and hopefully I'll see you soon with something new!

'Til Next Time

See Ya!