Chapter 14

Trigger Warning: Mention of Blood, Self-Harm and Suicide

Take care of yourself <3

_____________________

The calmness in the room was the second thing she noticed when she barged through the door. The first one had been just that, the dark grey door had been closed. The bed was made, the fluffy blanket on top spread evenly on the large frame.

She could feel it inside of her, the bubble of worry growing bigger and bigger, until her whole being was consumed by the awful feeling. She steered directly to the bathroom; that door closed as well. She heard Mai's footsteps following after her, every sense heightened from fear. The adrenaline in her body rushed through, focused on getting the damn door opened.

They got in, and the sight in front of her was something she would remember for the rest of her life. She would wish it would never happen, that she never saw it. She would also wish for herself to experience it all over again, to plague herself, blaming herself for everything. The messy white tiled floor, crimson blood still seeping out of open wounds. The blade by the sink, placed clumsily besides a pen.

Everything overwhelming, too many feeling to comprehend, too much blood for the girl afraid of it, but she couldn't look away. Mai had called the ambulance, on its way and still giving Mai instructions on the phone. 

Genevie glanced at him, for the first time really noticing everything. She looked at his face, memorizing every little detail of his precious features. The brown locks of hair on top of his head, always golden in sunlight, the light dust of freckles around his nose. The pale skin usually filled with so much life and light. But most of all, she looked into his eyes. She didn't know it, not at the time, but it would be the last time she saw those blue gems and it would be the last time for many years to come, she looked into someone's eyes.

His eyes were lifeless, the usual oceans to get lost in weren't there, instead she was met with cold, lifeless eyes. She violently flinched from the icy stare before she turned away, too scared to look again.

Moments later, people barged through the door and she was dragged away from her lifeless friend. They wheeled him out, out of the room and out of the house they had spent so many hours in together. It would be the last time she was in that house with him.

She probably knew it back then, even though emergency services were trying to assure the two girls that everything would be alright, they could both feel the loss of him. The breaking of their heart, shattering into pieces, some of the pieces unrecognizable, some taken away forever, just like he was. The puzzle would never fit again, a part would always remain broken, belonging to the soul who no longer walked the same earth.

She woke up disoriented, gasping for air. The memories previously plaguing her mind coming back, rushing over her like cool water. Sitting up, she rested her back against the smooth bars and tried catching her breath. The nightmare stirred up a storm of emotions, roaming freely in her head.