Chapter 4

"Hello again, Moon" She waited for a little bit before continuing, just listening to her deep breathing through the phone

"Hello again, Moon" She waited for a little bit before continuing, just listening to her deep breathing through the phone. It wasn't like she could expect an answer.

"I could really use some help right now, you know?" She sounded tired, almost like she didn't see the light again, next to giving up. But she wasn't there yet, she had promised herself to never feel that bad again. 

"I'm struggling again, and I know you won't get this, but I really need you." Tears started falling down, the salty liquid leaving cold trails down her cheeks. She was desperate for something, just an answer, any guidance. 

"I can't believe it's been so long without you, I really miss you." She paused again, this time to silence a sob, instead shaking and voicing a weak whine through her dry lips. The salty liquid a stark contrast to her numb self when she tried soothing the skin with her tongue. 

"It's getting bad again. Holly told me to call you when I thought about it, but it's so hard without you." She let a sob escape her lips this time, feeling the hurt inside her, ripping up the old scar on her heart, the one she never allowed to heal. 

"I don't know what to do, everything's changing." She didn't think about what she was saying, the words just pouring out from her, from her troubled mind and pained heart, speaking the full, hurtful truth for once. 

"I don't like it, and everyone's just expecting it to be fine, and I can't bother anyone with it, because I can manage it, it's a minor thing." That's what you said last time. The words didn't sound convincing, even to herself, and the crying girl wasn't so sure she could manage it on her own.

"It won't get that bad, it was just really... bad, back then." She shuddered from the memories flashing by, the floor covered in blood, the letter, Mai, the hospital. Yeah, everything was just really bad back then, it won't happen again. 

"I miss you, I hope it's good up there. I love you to the moon and the stars."

That hurt even more to say, more than opening up, more than thinking about everything, more than her parents shipping her off because they couldn't take care of her, or it was her who wasn't good enough, she wasn't sure yet, more than Mai throwing her panda stuffy to the ground in fourth grade. 

That sentence always hurt more.

"Okay, bye, I love you, Charlie."

________________________

Hello again!

I wasn't sure if this chapter fitted the story, I originally wrote it on my phone for my own entertainment (yup, this is what I consider fun haha), but I decided to include it. 

If you haven't noticed, I'm taking this really slow, because I want this story to be little different from the age regression-stories I've read before. This wis still be an age regression story but I want the characters to have some of their own issues and such.

For now, I hope you enjoyed it, or cried, please keep on reading if you liked it and comment and have fun!

'Til Next Time

See ya!