Chapter 8

TW: slight mention of self-harm and mention of death. Take care of yourself <3

Genevie's POV

What do you do when you are going to live with a famous boy band? Has any sane person ever had that question on their mind? Probably not. But here I am, asking it. I wouldn't call myself sane though, I'm far too gone for the label normal.

After the phone call with Liam and Louis (he had answered the phone and then demanded hearing the rest of the conversation) I've had the same question running through my head. I honestly don't know what to do with the information. What does it change? Does it make any difference at all?

Mai had decided to stay the night, and I was grateful for it. I think she was afraid off me shutting her out again, even though I've promised multiple times that I am better now. I understand her though, and I believe that night and everything leading up to it will forever affect us and our relationship.

She went even more protective mama bear over me after it and I got both the physical scars as a reminder and the memories it left. I don't think you're supposed to return as how you were before though, so I think it's okay if we changed a bit from it. Seeing your best friend lifeless on the bathroom floor messes with your head, I guess.

Mai jumping up and down on the rug in the middle of living room gets me out of my head. She looks happy while she screams "the longest 18 months of my life are over!" I laugh at her, the difference between us showing. She has always been the loud one, filled with energy while I was the shy, innocent baby.

I join her in the jumping around when she takes my hands and drags me up from the rough sofa. She puts on a One Direction song; I think it's Best Song Ever but I'm not sure. The speaker system is one of the good things with the house, you can decide to play a song through one speaker or in every speaker in the whole house.

Mai of course chose to play it loudly through every speaker. We jump around, and I must admit, she's good at getting things off my mind for a bit, forgetting the stress and worries of moving until the song is over.

We sit down, both sighing, the mood shifting from playfulness to a more serious atmosphere.

"Is it so bad, Genevie?" Mai asks, breaking the silence after nearly a minute of it. I try to push my eyebrow up to look questioning, but I know I'm failing at it, Mai understands though and elaborates.

"Is it so bad with a change, I'm not trying to sound like your mom but maybe you need a change?" I fiddle with my fingers, thinking about it. We both know I'm scared of change; I don't like chaos, I need routines. I eat the same breakfast every day, have the same playlist running from six in the morning to seven then change to another, I meet Mai at the same time every school day, I think you understand, I like structure in my life.

I always try to be accepting, and I know I won't get anywhere if I don't embrace any development but it's hard. I tend to hold on to familiarity. But I can see where she's coming from. Maybe this is what I need. Maybe I can take this as a chance to be accepting and willing to let myself change.

I think Mai saw my train of thought, the realization painted across my face, and she smiled to herself. She knows what I need to hear and sometimes I wonder if she can read minds, but I've concluded that she's just a really good friend. I hope I someday can be as good of a friend as she is. 

_______

I like this chapter. Just felt the need to say that. May be my favorite out of the ones I have written so far. Maybe it's not so bad with first person? 

It's not that long, so I thought I'd share it with you now. Thoughts? Any fun story you want to share?

If you liked the (very short) chapter, then please continue reading, vote, comment and be the amazayn human you are! (Still sounds creepy)

'Til Next Time

See ya!