Chapter 7

Genevie's POV

  While I stirred some chicken and vegetables in a pan together, my music is interrupted by a duck noise, signaling a new message. It was a short message from Liam with the address and a code you needed to the house I would be living in soon. It was still weird to think about.

   I was supposed to meet everyone tomorrow and see the house, something I tried not to panic about yet. On Tuesday, two days from now, I would be moving in. I have no idea why they chose Tuesday, in the middle of the last school week, but I was not complaining. I didn't need to go to school at all this week, surprisingly.

   Eleanor, my mother, had talked to the school about it, stating it was important that I had the time to move in and get to know the men I would be living with, one week away from the summer break. Don't ask me what went through my parents' heads.

   I took down a plate from the annoyingly high shelf, needing to stand on my toes to do so. The only reason for it to be so high up was to make it, as the rest of the house, look more lavish and pricier. I wasn't that short.

   I do not understand the style, it looks like no one lives inside the house. Yes, it appears to be something straight out of a magazine, and it does look nice, but it lacks personality. It doesn't feel like home. It wasn't cozy, it wasn't welcoming and it wasn't functional for me.

Not because I'm short.

   But I shouldn't complain, many have it worse than me, if you could even call my life bad. I am extremely grateful for everything my parents give me, that I know many needs to work extremely hard for, but sometimes you only see the cracks in the wall, and not the flowers blooming in them. Mai taught me the quote, or Pinterest, I don't really know how to use it though.

   I want to see myself as kind, not like a snob. But maybe I am acting like one? I feel like I'm constantly complaining, nothing's ever good enough for me. Goddess, was I really that bad? I do not like that.  I try to be accepting, open to change and all of that, but it's hard, especially for me. When thing's change I find it hard to follow and often hold on to the sense of familiarity I find in old habits.

   And here you go, complaining again.

   I answered the text from Liam with an 'ok' and a thumb up, which I regretted the second I sent it. While sighing at my miserable message-abilities I plated food on the dark blue plate I gracefully took down.

   I changed the music to the song Mai sent me, called Dear Patience by Niall Horan. The artist was not a surprise, I honestly think I know the guy's whole Wikipedia, the same goes for the four other boys from One Direction.

   Funny coincidence, I would be living with someone named Niall.

   Out of all the songs from One Direction and their solo-careers, I think I have decided that Niall's voice is the most soothing. I guess that's why I chose Paper Houses as the first song for my playlist for sleeping, named 'Go to Sleep'. Much thought has been put into the name, Mai helped me choose it.

   Not to say that the other's voices aren't beautiful, but Niall has this calm in his voice. I always find myself crying to Louis' songs though, his lyrics hitting straight in the heart like thousands of needles would. Harry's-wait a second.

Niall, Louis, Harry, Zayn, Liam...

   Holy shit. I think I said it out loud. I need to fact check with Mai, then take three deep breaths, and if their names really were the same, then make myself believe it's just a coincidence- cause that's all it is. 

   Considering my normal pace of texting, I was faster than light.

   Who is in One Direction?
    I need answers, and hopefully Mai would give them to me.

Okay, first of, my baby is getting interested in them? Oh my goddess, okay secondly, I'm disappointed that you don't know this already! We have gone over this so many times. You should know them in your sleep by now!

   Of course, I'm getting scolded over fluffing One Direction members.

   Can you just tell me their names Mai?

   Instead of answering my simple question, Mail decided to call me. I answered the phone, got up from the chair, and started pacing the kitchen floor. It was, like everything else in the house, expensive. Some white marble thingy dad has spent a lot of money on to make sure it looked just right.

   "Hello" I said, not nearly as excited as Mai sounded when she greeted me back.

   "Okay, spill." Mai's voice feigning seriousness. It brought a smile to my lips before I explained my meeting with Liam, and who I would be living with again, but this time, I remembered to include their names. Mai gasped dramatically when I finished.

   "But this could be nothing, it's just a coincidence Mai." I quickly assured her.

   "No, no, no, Genevie, you are going to call this man, right this minute and ask him." Mai rushed out, sounding determined and thrilled by the idea of her best friend living with her idols.

   "No, why would I do that?" I asked, hating the idea of calling someone, who I still considered just a tiny bit more known than a stranger, for no reason. Disturbing him when he probably had many much more significant things to do than talk to me.

   "Because we need answers! You can't let this go now, this is important Genevie!" Mai said, trying to get her point across. What if they really were a boy band?

   "I don't care Mai, it's not that big of a deal." I tried, but failed to lie, we both knew I was awful at it, and this was no exception. I did want to know if they really were awfully famous, yes, but what would I do with the information?

   What if they really were famous? It was a big if, and hopefully it was no true. Hopefully I would never have to come over my fear of people because of screaming girls. Hopefully I wouldn't be living with men many would pass out from meeting. Surely, I would be living with five completely normal, unknown, boys. Yeah, it's just a coincidence.

    "Look Evie, I know you don't like calling." Mai started, which I answered with letting out a snort followed by a "you could say that." After a brief silence from where I cut in Mai continued, "But I also know you want answers, even though you have no idea what to do with the information." Mai paused, she knew I needed a bit of time to take in what she was saying, I talked slowly while Mai always talked rapidly. It reflected our contrasting personalities, me quiet and shy, Mai filled with energy and a lot louder.

    "If you don't call, you will be up all night, by the way a really good album, thinking about it, cause that's how you deal with not having all the answers" Mai spoke with confident.

   We have been friends for so long, Mai understood me and how I acted, and I know she was only trying to help. It was next to scary how well we knew each other and I couldn't deny that what she said was true, I would be up all night thinking about.

    "I can come over, it's not that late, and we'll call him together." Mai offered, both knowing I hated calling and that I was lonely in the big house all by myself. I agreed after some thinking, and twelve minutes later Mai was taking off her shoes, leaning against a wall bare of any pictures resembling a family, like the rest of the space in the house.

__________

Hello again!

Tried writing in first person and I don't know if I like it or not. What I can tell you is that I don't like this chapter. Anyways, do we have any questions, mistakes that's bugging you or anything else?

I hope you enjoyed this chapter; we're getting closer to her moving in, I promise! If you did enjoy this, please keep on reading, comment and vote and be the amazayn human you are! (Still sounds a bit creepy)

'Til Next Time