Chapter 2

Noor quickly entered inside the house not caring to greet Ibro at the gate like she always does. She knows she startled the old man when she banged the gate's door very loudly.

Noor made her way to the living room and she saw her mother there pacing across the living room from left to right. Zainab breath a sigh of relief when she saw her daughter safely entering the living room.

Noor sat down on the couch in heavy breath , she didn't realize that she could actually run this fast .

"Nooriya ! Are you fine ?" Zainab asked, worry written all over her fair skinned face which all her children inherited.

Noor smiled and nodded her head
"Mama, where's Ya Munir ?" Noor couldn't help but ask about her elder brother's safety, they left at the same time but to different places.

"He came back just some few minutes ago , he is in his room now." Zainab said as she pour some water into  a cup for Noor. Noor collected the water and finished it all in one gulp.

"Thank you." Noor said and dropped the sup on the table.

Munir entered the living room in a new black jallabiya long gown just the same color as his eyes. He sat down on the opposite couch that's facing the one Zainab and Noor are sitting on.
Munir noticed everyone's dim mood so he though of starting up a funny conversation.

"Noor where's our salt ?" Munir asked as he folded his arms across his chest questionably.

Noor gasped and mimicked what he said 'Noor where's our salt' she mimicked in the same tone and at the same time trying to make her voice deep like Munir's own.

"I can't believe you Ya Munir, Just look at my condition right now, no veil, no shoe but it's salt you're asking me about" Noor said and also folded her arms across her chest just like he did .

Noor thought about his question for a moment , she was sent to buy salt which they were going to use in cooking dinner and now that she's not back with the salt, how will they cook now ? For a family like hers that prefer usually salt in their food the this is a great loss.

Noor broke out of her though when she heard her mother's hilarious laugh filing the whole living room.

"I actually didn't realize that you're barefooted with no veil too !" Zainab erupted into a louder laugh as she spoke.

Noor released a dry chuckle so as not to disappoint her laughing mother , Noor stooped chuckling and asked "Mama ... Will Baba be fine ?"

Zainab dropped her hand on Noor's shoulder assuringly before saying "Don't worry In Sha Allah he will be fine."

Noor nodded her head inwardly convincing herself that her father will return safely, the three of them continue to talk about the current situation when Aminu stepped into the house holding his beret in his right hand, sweats all over his fore head and some sliding down his dark skinned cheeks. He walked in and sat down beside Munir.

"Thank god that you're fine Baba." Noor was the first to speak with a sigh of relief following short after. She gave her father a warm hug of relief which he coolly returned as they both took their seats.

"This is getting worse ." Munir said, intertwining his fingers together .

"Todays fight is worse than the other days , they even killed one of my colleagues." Aminu said in his usual deep voice which even Munir has.

"We thank god that you're fine." Zainab said with a wide smile on her face.

"You should go and freshen up, I'll try to cook something without the salt." Zainab said and Noor suddenly feel guilty for not picking up the salt that dropped while she was running for her dear life. She got up and walked out of the living room to freshen up like instructed by her mother