Chapter 23

"You think it's now I'm finding out ? " Abba asked Zayyad managing to make the two girls surprised, he knew since .

"I just wanted you to tell me by yourself silly boy, your heart shade has definitely changed my boy. " Abba added with a pleased smile .

"She has changed it Abba, she caused all this changes for me. " Zayyad said referring to 'Noor' who's simply standing by the bed side with her head down as if she's too shy to look at anyone now which she actually is, her tinted cheeks is enough to expose the fact that she is feeling shy at this particular moment.

"What's Nooriya's reply then ? " Abba asked as he gazed at Noor who is still looking down keeping her gaze to the floor.

"C'mon Abba . What do you think her reply will be. Do you think anyone will be able to reject this your handsome son ? " Zayyad said self praising himself in the process making everyone present in the room to burst into a fit of laughter .

But Noor just couldn't disagree with him, because he's actually right, he has all the right to feel handsome, for a man to be this gifted with stunning features by Allah, it's definitely a sight to behold and Noor just couldn't believe someone as positive as Zayyad has taken a liken towards her.

Abba still wanted to hear it from Nooriya's mouth nonetheless so he turned to ask her once again "Nooriya, do you love Zayyad ? "
The place was quiet for some seconds as Noor tried her best to calm her nerves, and then she split the secret that has been embedded in her  heart that has a white heart shade.
She just couldn't lie to herself again, she knows she likes him, in fact she loves him.

Noor swallowed her shyness and spoke "Yes Abba I do love him . "

"Alhamdulillah then, When Munir and your parents come we'll talk about your marriage after Zayyad's recovery. " Abba said and casually continued to eat his breakfast. It was a if knew of Zayyad feelings for Nooriya since but just decided to stay mute about it until Zayyad is confident enough to tell him with his own mouth.

As the other family members continue to communicate in low voices about friendly topics in Zayyad's hospital room, Zayyad began to speak to Noor.

"I never knew Nooriya can be this shy..."Zayyad said to Noor who is still gazing at the floor with a stiffened blush that still showed on her cheeks.

"Shut up I've always been shy...I guess." Nooriya said slowly looking up from the floor to gaze at him. The facial expression she gave was so funny that managed to made him laugh.

Zayyad chuckled so hard that his ribs started paining and he coughed violently as his hands reach up to rub his chest that feels sore on the inside. Everyone suddenly panicked and rushed to get him a glass of water, Noor passed a glass of water to him with a concerned expression urging him to drink it but Zayyad continued laughing while coughing.     

"I'm fine..." He said rubbing his chest to soothe his ribs of the pain.

"So stubborn...just drink it. " Noor practically forced the water down his mouth when he kept on saying 'he's fine..' .

Zayyad sighed after gulping the water, his breathing came out low. His lungs felt weak despite the feeling of happiness embedded in his heart. For once, he feels like the darkness glooming his heart has been wiped away by the presence of a girl with a white heart shade, and that girl is Nooriya Aminu.

"Thank you." He mumbled offering a short smile that says a lot of unspoken words.

Fatima moved to stand beside her brother as she speaks "Please Zayyad, please and please quit smoking after this..if you don't want yourself alive then at least live for us..we still love you Zayyad."

Zayyad smiled, a very short smile that almost didn't exist at the first place.

"Don't worry Fatima, I'll personally deal with him when I see him with any cigarette." Noor said giving Zayyad a warning glare that was supposed to look scary but actually looked cute to him—too cute that he almost found it hard to look away, and here she is thinking it's looking intimidating.

"You'll never see me with a cigarette again Ma..I promise. " Zayyad said jokingly raising his hands above his head.

Doctor Sambo later came to tell them more precautions to behold concerning Zayyad's health, while all the discussions was going on, Noor's mind was only thinking on how Zayyad will be taking oxygen therapy monthly.

She couldn't help but wonder wether it'll be forever, at least he's still alive, she can not even stomach the news of Zayyad being gone. His bucket is far from being kicked by the grace of God. Noor tried to distract herself by thinking about her family's visit, she faint wait to see their faces.

_____________
Author : heys